sprackling from below when i stand on the pedals

kencandig
kencandig Posts: 17
edited August 2011 in The workshop
hi, i have been getting a sprackling noise when i step on the pedals and give it some throttle

its a genesis croix, shimano 105, decent daily commute.

recent work done on the bike -

recently had the casette and chain replaced
500km later the rear bearing ground up so had that replaced and rebuilt with a new hub. have just replaced the large front sprocket and jockey wheels.
got on this morning, still grinds when i pedal hard, sweet as a peach when not putting any load on. its embarassing!!

is this a simple adjustment to sort? does this sound like a duff chain?

help!

Comments

• Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    How many miles has the bottom bracket done? Could the noise be coming from that?
    FCN 2 to 8
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Pedals?

Have you cleaned the bike? (I know it's kinda obvious but best to check :lol: )

What sort of grinding?

TBH, take it to your lbs and ask their opinion. Some offer a service where they'll temporarily swap out parts to determine the issue.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Logically BB or pedals.......

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • thanks for the feedback, pedals are fine, bottom bracket - checked that, it sounds like its definately drive train...

bottom bracket is a hope so was pretty perfect having done about 5000 miles. before replacing the bb with the hope i let the original go too long adn it wore the crank a little - scoring at one poiint that you can feel with your finger - coult it be play in the crank? any way of getting rid of the scoring? liquid metal? i've spent soooo much on this bike it would really hurt to buy a crank to find it still grumbles when i get on the pedals.... javascript:emoticon(':roll:')