Burgess Hill Rumble

FransJacques
FransJacques Posts: 2,148
I started a new thread cuz the last one was spelled incorrectly.

Well run event, not cheap, no gels at the feed stops, must remember to bring my own.

Too many feed stops (in general, not just this ride) feature "office" food, the kind of stuff you buy when it's someone's birthday in the office or if they're leaving and you get cakes, brownies, and flapjacks. It's not riding food, that's for sure. Or it's riding food for people who ride sportives and wonder why they're not dropping any weight.

Overall the course wasn't too bad, the hills were nice, I like the side of Toys hill we did (north to south) but I didn't like Ide/York Hill (are they the same?), that really tired me out, I was really grovelling from Km 82 on b/c of that killer. It took so much out of me I couldn't recover, which is why I was needing a gel or something more "technical" than a brownie.

Was amazed at how good the roads were, you can tell where they spend the money.

But again, maybe b/c I missed the earlier train and arrived to Burgess Hill at 9:05 and started at 9:15, I didn't ride with anyone all day - should've brought a TT bike.

Now that I have that route in my Garmin it's one I'd consider doing again.
When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.

Comments

• PieterM
    PieterM Posts: 167
    Agree with all of that, especially the comments about the feed stations. Would like to add that there was no food that you could take with you to hold you over to the next feed station, except for bananas.
    We had skipped the first feed station because it came very early at 20 miles in, but then ran out of supplies because the next one was not until about 55 miles (Classic route). Guess we should have read the cue sheet beforehand!
    Must say that signage was superb: usually triple signs for turns + a confirmation sign after the turn. Also confirmation signs on long stretches without turns.
    All in all a great day out!
    European Cycling Trips: http://bikeplustours.com
  • You should see what SRS Events have planned for the 8th October.

THE BRIGHTON TO BRIGHTON CYCLOSPORTIVE

Not dissimilar to the Rumble the Brighton to Brighton takes in most of the hills of the Burgess Hill Rumble (not Toys hill or Yorks Hill) and goes up Ditchling Beacon at the end !

An absolutely awesome event with 4 routes to choose from.

With regards SRS Events feed stations most people complain that they put on weight rather than lose weight when they do a SRS Events cyclosportive. :lol:

As for eating in between there was a cliff bar given out to all riders at the start for emergencies, then making sure you didn't over do the calories at the feed stop was up to each rider. The smell of savory foods cooking at the tea stops is just so irresistible to most riders.
    One should always read the cue sheet before starting and no matter what the event all riders I would have thought should come with their own energy bars just in case they don't like what's on offer free at the event.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Ummm, are you allowed to "sell" events to people on this site?

It's all you ever seem to do pocketrocket. Do you benefit financially from RSR events?

Does anyone know where the results list is from Burgess Hill? I've not seen anything up to now.

Cheers
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • photos are up on the website next to the results
    http://www.srs-events.cc/event4/series-table.htm
  • I can tell you a hold load more whats going on in the Brighton area but when I find out about it I like to pass on other information too.

How about a chain gang session at Brighton Velodrome tonight only £1

Also

The Ladies only Cappuccino ride on the 4th of September, a free ride group ride for ladies only.

Check out ON THE RIVET For details that's where I get the info from.
    http://ontherivet.ning.com