Vuelta Snaps

The Other McHoy
The Other McHoy Posts: 161
edited August 2011 in Pro race
Went to see the start of Stage 2 yesterday in La Nucia and took a few photos. It was 41 degrees at 1.00pm according to the Sky Bus driver, certainly felt like it. I hope the link works as I've posted the pics on our Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 383&type=1

Seeing Bradley Wiggins up close, I was astonished by how thin he is compared to the majority of the other riders. Veins were popping out all over him. Delighted to see Chris Sutton win, he took timeout to speak to a whole bunch of us and sign photos etc.

Comments

• excellent foties. Like the on eof freire. good stuff
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • excellent foties. Like the on eof freire. good stuff

Cheers Oscar was pretty relaxed and this was about 2 minutes from the starting gun where he was amongst the last to line up..His wife Laura had been in my wife's beauty salon in Denia a few times this summer so he was actually making some jokes about that.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    You must be p1ssed off at the bloke in the black T-shirt stood in most of the photos. :wink:

Nice pics!

-Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • jerry3571 wrote:
    You must be p1ssed off at the bloke in the black T-shirt stood in most of the photos. :wink:

Nice pics!

-Jerry

Yeah, he looks quite like me except much fatter :lol:
  • Great pics. It looks like the public had quite a bit of freedom to wander about - something I hadn't expected with all those expensive bikes around!
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    I used to call stalking "Professional Bike Riders"; "Cycle Perving".
    It was always a little like stalking and then asking for an autograph prior to half an hour of plucking up the courage and in the meantime looking as though I should be arrested for loitering without intent.
    This is how I felt I looked like with my copy of cycling weekly for them so sign; hmmm...

humor-old+man+teeth.jpeg

-Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil