New Forest Rattler - Thanks

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
Thank you to the organisers. Very well organised, clearly signed, good feed stations and welcomed cuppa and BBQ at end.

Big thanks to Stu, Steve and Gary for the company round the 79 mile course, gutted we missed gold by 2 and half mins. Don't suppose me falling off due to cramp at summit of Blissford helped.

Hope to see couple more fellow riders (LV Jersey) out on the Xch saturday ride.
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• +1 Thank you to the organisers.

This event is always first on my planning list each year. Always well organised, with a lovely start/finish area and generally quiet roads. The flattish terrain usually enables me to record one of my best ave speeds of the season :D .

My only tiny complaint - I think it would have been useful to have some very large warning signs on the descent just before Blissford Hill - the very steep one with some awful road surface at the bottom immediately followed by a cattle grid. I don't suppose I was the only one on the verge of "losing it" just there.
  • +2 - really enjoyed this ride.
    Had a good feel to the event being relatively small and the organizers clearly caring about the ride and handling the details well.

The ponies enroute make interesting traffic hazards, the roads are in good shape, and the minimal amount of traffic was great compared to most UK rides.

Timing was well organized - no issues at all compared to the Dragon Ride - go figure

The only constructive feedback I could give is to improve the start/finish location or at least put something down near the timing mat instead of having people cycle on the gravel driveway

will be back next year I'm sure
  • For a low profile, charity focused sportive , this one ticked all the boxes.

Easy registration , free food and drink , before and after , great location and route , made this a lovely day out in the Forest....even the rain was warm rain! :o

A few of the descents could have done with a Warning sign here and there , as recent rains had washed grit onto the roads , but seeing marshals on junctions was a rare treat.

Usually stick to the immaculately run Wiggle rides...this was not far behind!

Chapeau to the organisers ! :D

If you're from the area and would like to join our regular rides focusing on steady 2-3 hour jaunts , we have 3 at the moment:

Sat 8am at Waitrose car park , christchurch for 35 mile loop (avg 17-18 mph)
    Tue 6pm at Primera In Charminster rd for 2 hour loop (avg 17-18 mph)
    Thurs 6pm at Primera for 2 hours (20 mph!)

These rides are ideal preparation for sportives and getting used to riding in a bunch.If you are looking to join a local club which is more Sportive based , as opposed to racing , then the i-Team cc could be just what you are looking for. More details here

http://www.i-team.cc/team/index.php?app=portal

Any enquires can be PM'd to me.

Look forward to hearing from you.
  • This was my first sportive so I have nothing to compare it with, however I was very impressed with the organisation and facilities provided.
    I was in the area on holiday and had never ridden in the New Forest before so the excellent signposting was appreciated. What also impressed was the friendly atmosphere of all the participants I found this a very good intro into sportives and am now looking forward to taking part in future events.
    Trek Madone 4.5
    Giant CRS