My Ears!!

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited August 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Just had the pleasure of watching a Lotus Renault F1 car going past in close proximity.... absoloutely ear bleeding noise but superb :D

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a337/ ... 000196.mp4

Can't even start to imagine having 22 F1 cars going past!

Anyone else enjoy the Renault World Series today or yesterday?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I had tickets but life overtook me. Pity.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Was a good day, more due to it being Silverstone and free though...

The Renault 3.5 Series was pretty awesome. The track was a bit too fast for the Megane and Clio's although we did see a few spins.
  • Great weekend! The sound of those 30 or so 3.5 series going past at Luffield was deafening, especially when they were on the warm up lap and just constantly slowing down, accelerating and bouncing off the rev limiter.

Definitely think i would have bleeding ears if the same number of F1 cars went past, you can hear those things for bloody miles.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Was a good day, more due to it being Silverstone and free though...

The Renault 3.5 Series was pretty awesome. The track was a bit too fast for the Megane and Clio's although we did see a few spins.
    The red one at the back wasnt having much luck was he, i said to my dad that he needs to re apply to kellogs for his racing license!

Good day and thanks for the heads up for the tickets :D

No1 enjoyed herself but was more interested in playing on the free bouncy castles :lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Was in the pits once for work and there was a good reason why they provided us with ear plugs!
  • VWsurfbum
    its weird but at the F1 you dont notice it after the first few laps. that and the fact you usually have your headphones on listening to the commentry helps :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    I had tickets but my lift dropped out and I couldn't get use of the car for the day :( Ho hum, sounded quite good.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • VWsurfbum
    the megane's were good but the formula renaults were too evenly matched and i think we saw 1 maybe 2 actual overtakes :roll: Plus i had a over icecreamed 4 year old bouncing around me so that distracted me somewhat :roll:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Bringing the ankle biter was never part of the plan, if I'd taken her to see motor racing it would have been either the sugarred up nutter child or the sulking bored child. I'll probably mosey down to Brands Hatch (much closer) to watch the odd event once the schools go back :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • VWsurfbum
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bringing the ankle biter was never part of the plan, if I'd taken her to see motor racing it would have been either the sugarred up nutter child or the sulking bored child. :)
    that was prettymuch it! :lol: but put her in the car on the way home and she was asleep before we got out the carpark! :lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • This thread fails. I was expecting a topic about how Ben got lamped for touching someones ears.

We've told you before, they don't like it when you touch their ears!