Olympic Test event on BBC2

mr_poll
mr_poll Posts: 1,547
edited August 2011 in Pro race
Those waiting for the Vuelta coverage might be interested to know that BBC2 are about to show the test road event. Had to "endure" an hour of women's beach volleyball but its next up apparently.

Comments

• turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    ha thanks for that ! would have missed it otherwise !
  • Thanks for the heads up, I just turned on in time to see Cav cross the line! :( Oh well!

Focus Cayo Expert (road)
    Giant ATX 970 (full susp)
    Trek Alpha 4300 (hardtail)
    Peugeot 525 Comp (road - turbo trainer duties)
  • acidstrato
    acidstrato Posts: 945
    so i just watched 20mins of grown ups riding around on bmxs and the road race has already been shown.... great.

back when I was a lad, bmxs were for children! :wink:
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    hopefully be on iplayer later
  • If you missed it you didn't miss much! They spent too long interviewing Cav, who looked half-asleep, and they didn't show the crash which took out Farrar. Nice to see the crowds though, but I did wonder why the Box Hill enclosure was as far back from the roadside as it was.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Damnit I missed the Womans Volleyball :(
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Anybody know if this is going to be repeated??
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Doubt it - it was about 5 hours long ? Maybe look on iplayer ?

BMX course looks epic - that should make for great television next year.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    cougie wrote:

BMX course looks epic - that should make for great television next year.

The drop from the start ramp looks terrifying enough!
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    BMX biking looks ace. Love the wheelies they pull to get over the humps. Only problem is that it is over so quickly, but was very happy to pick up a bit of it. I haven't been on a BMX bike for years and it made me all nostalgic... is your n+1 acceptable if the +1 is a bmx?!

Road race coverage was a bit patchy - good to have it on though and see the crowds and they addressed some of the controversial issues. The Mall is wide enough to get a motorbike alongside the sprint for the finish - they've got to do this for the coverage....