Rock Shox Rebl 2011 part?

littlescratch
littlescratch Posts: 21
edited August 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi

Recently lost a very small part on my Rock Shox 2011 Rebl... think it was a plastic dust cap? not sure... I don't have remote attached.

rs2011.jpg

I know it is only small but it needs something covering it and last time i went out the blu-tack and tape look didn't really cut it

I did find the parts page for the forks. Page 28 seems to almost point it out, if you can understand it that is?
http://www.sram.com/sites/default/files ... ev_a_1.pdf

Any help please?

Oh and is it easy enough to add a remote lock out for this? if so any suggestions?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    you have lost the flood gate cover.

you would need a new MoCo cartridge and pop lock/pushlock/pop lock adjust. but you will lose the ability to adjust the compression damping.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Thank you for that. I think I will keep with the compression damping.

Next question is then, sorry..... Do you know where I can get a "flood gate cover" from?

I know my LBS said if I can get the part code (from that link on my previous post) then they can order it in... but i wondered if there was an easier way. If not any suggestions on the part code from that link... I did think number 35 on page 29 but not sure really...
  • nicklouse
    http://www.tftunedshox.com/Catalogue/Sh ... Reba-Parts

but it looks more like the cover from the earlier one.

is it an allen key adjuster in the hole?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • The third from bottom one looks like it might do the trick, but £29? If I have to then I have to...

As for the allen key adjuster, then sort of I think..... I can fit a 2.5 allen key in and when i move it the blue adjuster moves too... not sure if this is what you mean though, it is about 5cm down.

Thanks for the help so far nicklouse
  • nicklouse
    I would give TFtuned a call in the morning as i have a feeling that it is just a gold plug that fits in for the internal adjuster rather than the external adjuster.

when you call dont forget to mention what frame it came on or where you got it from as that can and does effect the internal build.
  • Will do. You have been a great help thanks!
  • jon1993
    jon1993 Posts: 596
    i nearly lost mine today there really loose and easy to knock any way you can keep them in ? or more secure ? thanks
    Scott Spark 30 carbon custom build
    Giant Faith 2 DH bike
    Boardman pro 2011
    Boardman team carbon 2010
    Carrera kracken 2009
    Specialized fsr pro 2009
    Haro custom build
    Cannondale custom build
  • jon1993
    also i can take a pic of the one in mine if this helps ?
    Giant Faith 2 DH bike
    Boardman pro 2011
    Carrera kracken 2009
    Specialized fsr pro 2009
    Haro custom build
    Cannondale custom build
  • nicklouse
    jon1993
    do so it would be good for a check.
  • jon1993
    Okay np just cover it over went to bike shop today about mine they said it serves no purpose its just a cover to stop stuff getting in there's a 2.5 Allen key down the hole to adjust so just stick some tape over it for now while it gets sorted and ill try getting one on tonight not entirely sure how to put pics in though but ill have a go lol if not it has a shaft down the hole about a cm that fills the hole with a o ring seal and big circle top that says 2.5 in a hexagon around it and under that it says gate on it but as I say ill try tonight
    Giant Faith 2 DH bike
    Boardman pro 2011
    Carrera kracken 2009
    Specialized fsr pro 2009
    Haro custom build
    Cannondale custom build