Minor damage (now repaired!)

essex-commuter
essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Navigator-Car ... 38&afsrc=1

Now that's what I call a professional repair!

Comments

• I cant decide if your comment was intended to be sarcastic or not :twisted: I'm guessing it was :)

Personally I'd not touch it with the proverbial pole, I'd always be worried about the next pothole...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • Holy cr@p!

Keith
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Not I'd trust the hub as looks like instead of fixing it all that has happened is they have punched a new hole for the replacement spoke but the new hole has had to be moved.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • I cant decide if your comment was intended to be sarcastic or not :twisted: I'm guessing it was :)

Personally I'd not touch it with the proverbial pole, I'd always be worried about the next pothole...

It was sarcastic! :D I have never seen a hub repaired like that before, a hole drilled next to where the old spoke has ripped through.

You'd never get me using a wheel like that!!!!
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    4 people have started bidding for it... I guess not a bad deal if you throw the hub away and fit a new one.
  • Hmmm whats the rim worth and how much is a new hub and a spoke.... as compared to a complete new wheel.... not that I'm interested in bidding...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • Was thinking that myself, Planet X do a 16 hole front hub for £20, you'd probably need all 16 spokes though, if the flanges were of different heights, plus the special tool for tightening bladed spokes without them twisting. I reckon £40 all in. New, that wheel is about £300.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Was thinking that myself, Planet X do a 16 hole front hub for £20, you'd probably need all 16 spokes though, if the flanges were of different heights, plus the special tool for tightening bladed spokes without them twisting. I reckon £40 all in. New, that wheel is about £300.

It's a front wheel so the flanges will be the same. Special tool you can make yourself for peanuts.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}