Which tyres to get - Marathon Plus Vs Conti Travel Contact

skdotcom
skdotcom Posts: 56
edited August 2011 in Commuting general
My commuter bike currently has Bontrager Hardcase 25c tyres (swapped from the original 32c tyres). 700 miles and no punctures so far - however I've now decided that I need to improve the comfort of the bike, particularly as I use a dirt track cycle path on my commute.
Also, having now bought a road bike, I don't need this bike to be a fast set up anymore for my weekend rides.

First off I attempted to re-fit the 32c tyres this afternoon, but managed to destoy the rim on one of the tyres :(
This gives me a good excuse to look at different tyres, in particular some semi-slicks which would be handy for the dirt track part of my commute.

I reckon Marathon Plus and Conti Travel Contact both look good. The Conti being my preference - however the Conti is only available in 37c. If buying the Marathon I'd go for 32c.

Anyone have any other good suggestions, or can comment on whether they think 37c would be too much of a drag compared to what I've been used to.

Thanks
Specialized Sequoia Expert Gravel Bike
Ribble CGR SL di2 12spd Gravel Bike
Planet X Spitfire Titanium Road Bike
Dawes Super Galaxy Tandem
Boardman Hybrid Team
Raleigh Equipe Fixie
Kona Dew Drop

Comments

• godders1
    godders1 Posts: 750
    If p* protection is the primary consideration then marathon+ are your best bet. 25mm to 37mm might feel a bit sluggish.