Which half finger gloves

MTB-Dave
MTB-Dave Posts: 42
edited August 2011 in MTB beginners
the other day I was at Dalby forest and felt I needed some better gloves.

What would be a good glove that half finger.

Is gel the way to go or just normal?

any advice would be great

cheers
David

Bike: Specialized Hard Rock Pro Disc 2010

Comments

• toastedone
    toastedone Posts: 838
    My specalized BG fingerless gloves have done me very well
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    I have Specialized BG gel and they are truely excellent gloves.

I did the South downs way (100 miles) with them a couple of weeks back and had no sore spots at at all.
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    another vote for the Specialized BG gel gloves they are are very comfortable and seem hard wearing I have had mine for 18 months and still going strong
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • I don't like gel gloves - they bunch up and trap nerves in my hands - so I use Nike track mitts which are excellent.

Keith
  • MTB-Dave
    Ok cool will look into the BG gloves,

Noticed some Chiba gel gloves but not really heard of Chiba
    David

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Spesh BG Gel 3rd'd, I've got 3 pairs, long and short finger, they're excellent, the padding doesn't bunch up at all, it's not a general gel palm, it's in specific places.
  • MTB-Dave
    Had a look for the bg glove but they seem to be discontinued any other suggestions
    David

• MTB-Dave
    How is best to size your hands
    David

• jon1993
    jon1993 Posts: 596
    your prob going to laugh at this but i got some from asda some bell half fingered gloves £8 but for once they actually did something good theyve lasted 2 years of abuse and 9000 miles of dalby black and some of the dh routes plus my stand up jetski for both summers and only just starting to wear out plus huge gel pads across the hand i feel like an idiot for even posting this but i love them and i choose these over my £35 specialized half finger gloves all the time depends if you want the brand or care what people think i guess lol
    Scott Spark 30 carbon custom build
    Giant Faith 2 DH bike
    Boardman pro 2011
    Boardman team carbon 2010
    Carrera kracken 2009
    Specialized fsr pro 2009
    Haro custom build
    Cannondale custom build
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Try your nearest evans they seem to have various versions in stock. Gloves are something you need to try on. I don't think its wise to mail order. Evans price match anyway.

http://www.evanscycles.com/categories/c ... ecialized#!
  • Pearl Izumi Gel Select $22 yankee dorrar from the outlet stores in the USA ! Gosh, they are so spoiled over here !
  • MTB-Dave
    well after trying the spec BG gel mitts in one of my local stores, I have now ordered them offline due to saving £10.

Although sizing is small but any way, should arrive for my next Dably trip.

thanks for your help all
    David

• d3matt
    d3matt Posts: 510
    Too late now, but for future ref....Ergon have now launched a range of gloves. Everything they do seems to have more thought and design and I'll be checking these out when I next need new gloves.

Riding this Boardman Team FS 2010. Also trying my first blog.
  • abdultawaab673
    abdultawaab673 Posts: 2
    edited April 2022
    MTB-Dave I've always used full thumb/half finger gloves, but it seems like Fox decided to stop making my go-to pair. I'm having a hard time tracking down another full thumb/half finger gloves.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    edited April 2022
    You have resurrected an 11 year old thread!
    The OP hasn't logged on for 3 years so I wouldn't hold out for an answer.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009