Deal extreme

car.crash
car.crash Posts: 170
edited August 2011 in MTB general
I placed a order with deal extreme and it's taken them 13 days to finally dispatch my item and will take at least another 10 to arrive. Are they always this slow at dispatching their items?

Comments

• bamba
    bamba Posts: 856
    delivery times are usually around 4 weeks. Imagine they've got to get enough orders to fill one shipment.its has been talked about in the What lights threads , so should not be a surprise. There is a UK warehouse now with some fast moving stock,the web site allows you to select the UK warehouse if it available from there.
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    you can pay 75% more and get them from UK sellers next day...

You pay cheap and you wait.... simple really.
  • car.crash
    car.crash Posts: 170
    i knew the delivery time would be a while but was shocked at the 14 day despatch time. its not the end of the world but i wondered if this was normal practice.
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    Yeah DX take ages, I usually allow six weeks as expecting anything less could be a disappointment.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • phz
    phz Posts: 478
    Just had a light delivered from them. Arrived about 2 weeks after ordering which I though was OK. My first order with them so not sure how typical that is.

slainte :) rob
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Yep, if you look back in the thread from last year, most of us were buying from bestofferbuy (bob) because they were consistently shipping in 2-2.5 weeks vs Dx's 3-5 weeks. The problem is, while they (bob) were ahead of the game product-wise last year they are behind this year and substantially more expensive than lightmalls, Kaidomain and DX.
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    pHz wrote:
    Just had a light delivered from them. Arrived about 2 weeks after ordering which I though was OK. My first order with them so not sure how typical that is.

slainte :) rob

Same for me. I ordered one of those cheap XML lights almost 3 weeks ago, it was dispatched last week, and arrived today.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I ordered on the 6th and got the email to say it had been dispatched today.

Not sure whether that means the container arrived in the UK and it's in the post, or it's now on a ship from hong kong. But the other 3 or 4 orders I've places with them haven't taken so long to dispatch.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • DickBarton
    DickBarton Posts: 201
    I clearly got lucky - ordered mine and it was with me 8 days later...but that was 2 years ago...
    The Quest for Singletrack is Endless...