Fitting rear shock -trek fuel ex 2009

SlowNerveAction
SlowNerveAction Posts: 11
edited August 2019 in MTB workshop & tech
Hoping for a bit of help here fellas, before I throw my bike through the garage window.

My rear rp23 shock arrived in the post from mojo this week after a service. So I'm already in a bad mood as they fitted the bushes upside-down from top to bottom and I've had to spend the first hour of my morning pulling them back out to refit them.

The problem I now have is being able to fit the shock back into to lower swing arm. It fits into the rocker no problem but seems about 1.5mm too big to fit at the bottom. Has anyone had any experience of fitting one of these on a fuel ex? Is there a trick I am missing that will make this easier?

It's not helping that I have lost confidence in the work from mojo and am worrying that They've fitted the wrong size bushings, so if anyone knows the size that see are supposed to be it would also be much appreciated.
Not if I can help it!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    pics? are they fitted correctly?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I'll try to get a pic loaded but I'll have to work out how to do it first. As far as I can tell the bushes are fitted correctly. They were pushed all the way home between two vice jaws and won't go in any further.
    Not if I can help it!
  • Not sure if this is gonna work, but here goes

IMAG0219.jpg
    Not if I can help it!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    looks like the DU bush is not fully home. pic from the other side?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • All sorted but thanks anyway. The lower pivot bolt needs to be backed off a few turns in order to get the shock in. On the 2008 model the large chain ring needs to be removed in order to do this. f anyone needs to do this just leave a message on this thread and I'll post an explanation and some pics. The method is more tricky on a 2008 model than the later models.
    Not if I can help it!
  • Hi I know this is an old chat but I'm having problems getting my shock back in on the rear on my Trek ex 6 2012. Thanks
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    What exactly is the problem?
    What won't fit?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009