AMR Lakes 100 Sept25th

I have just entered this ride, does anyone know about the route? Is it similar to the Fred Whitton? I am in a diving chamber for another couple of weeks, and cannot get a map route via this very limited company computer. Thanks.

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    A bit more genteel than the Fred by the look of it!

Starts from Keswick and kicks off with Honister, Newlands and Whinlatter. Then North round the far side to Caldbeck and then to Ullswater. Next up over Kirkstone and down to Windermere before heading back to Keswick via Thirlmere.

Quite an interesting route really and gets the hard stuff done early! Mind you, only Honister is really evil out of that lot.......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • I'm very tempted by this, done the Peaks 100 and York 100 with them this year and they are the best organised sportives I've ever done. This would be a good introduction to preparing for the fred next spring. Can see all the tough stuff is out of the way early- seems to be the AMR way, but a long slog down to windermere and back to keswick to hit the magic 100. The free massages are worth it though!
    Road: Scott Expert
    Mountain: Genesis Altitude 10
    Commuter: once was 1996 Specialized Rock Hopper A1
  • I'd second what the previous poster has said about AMR sportives. I did the Brecon 100 and it was one of the best I've done, the food stops were great, well signposted and marshalled.