Gisburn forest

swift_wraith
swift_wraith Posts: 47
edited August 2011 in Routes
Am off to Gisburn tomorrow for the first time, need to know is the car park free or is there a charge?

Also, anyone reccomend a nice place to eat afterwards in the area?
2011 Rockhopper Comp
24/Seven Deviant.
Orange Diva (for the bint)

Comments

• sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Free limited parking and bikewash at the Pub/bike shop.
    http://www.dogandpartridgetosside.co.uk/
  • cheers, I know where to get some eats afterwards now. was actually wondering about the cocklets hill car park at the start of the trail. Dont want to turn up and find I dont have enough in coins to pay n display.
    2011 Rockhopper Comp
    24/Seven Deviant.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Cocklett Hill should still be free (although the pay and display machine has been delivered!). All the car parks including the United Utilities ones will soon be pay and display.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Well, just got back, did a run round the blue as a warm up then went on the red. Just as we got past the halfway point where the trail intersects (round sheep hill area) I came a cropper, went flying off my bike and managed to sprain my ankle.

yay me!
    2011 Rockhopper Comp
    24/Seven Deviant.
  • woodytitan
    woodytitan Posts: 163
    Bump.

Anybody pai and displayed yet?? Heading up tomorrow morning and i'm skint!!
    '11 Cannondale Trail SL3
  • stumpyjon
    Was up there on Tuesday and no it's definitely not been installed, all still free. As soon as it kicks in I'll flag it up on www.pmba.org.uk . I should see the head forester in a couple of weeks, I'll ask him then what the plans are.

• woodytitan
    woodytitan Posts: 163
    Cheers stumpy appreciated mate, has this weather had much effect on the trails??
    '11 Cannondale Trail SL3
  • stumpyjon
    No they were riding fairly well, few puddles but all the sections that had turned to mush have been repaired except for one tiny bit on Homebaked which we might try and get sorted on Monday.

• are you talking about the BIG puddle at the top of the berms near the end of the run? I found out the hard way that its a lot deeper than it looks. :P :P :P
    2011 Rockhopper Comp
    24/Seven Deviant.
  • stumpyjon
    No, forgotten about that (it also needs sorting :oops: just new the sump drain we put in there wouldn't work). No I was talking about the little steep climb before you get to the downhill section on Hombaked, you get to the top of the rocks and then realise there's a gaping great hole where the trail used to be.