Good ole` Merlin!!

handsome devil
handsome devil Posts: 194
edited August 2011 in MTB general
Just a quick line to praise Merlin Cycles. Ordered a pair of Easton Haven bars in black 8) yesterday morning and received at 10am this morning (free delivery option aswell :D

Oh, and they were cheapest on the net (£56 as long as you`re signed up for the VIP club)!

This is the best service I have received by any cycle retailer...anyone else in agreement???
2017 YT Jeffsy 27 AL Comp
2016 Specialized Allez Elite DSW
2014 Specialized Roubaix SL4 Sport Compact

Comments

• Paulkingk
    Paulkingk Posts: 689
    I have used Merlin a lot they are superb, If you ever need wheels let Merlin build them, best wheels ever!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Yup I've had stuff arrive within 24hrs of ordering it from them before with free delivery.
  • Yes, I've ordered late on an afternoon and items have arrived next day, brilliant. good prices through the vip club.
  • m00nd0g
    m00nd0g Posts: 176
    I ordered some tyres yesterday.
    Could not get to thedoor in time this morning.
    Will colllect them from the Post Ofice tomorrow.
  • bigpee
    bigpee Posts: 205
    I can also confirm amazing service. Ordered in the afternoon - received before 9am the next day. Not bad for free postage. Even better though was the after service. I ordered some forks (at £100 less than CRC too :) ) and they forgot to include the poploc. One call answered within two rings by a human (rather than a 'press one etc' machine) who got the part in the post to me again arriving next day :) . Highly recommended.
    Current bikes:
    Norco Sight 3 SE (on order)
    Specialized Allez 2010

Old bikes:
    Commencal META 55 custom build (Stolen :( )
    Boardman HT Comp 2010
    GT Avalance 1.0 2006(ish)
  • dubmodder
    dubmodder Posts: 100
    Best online shop by miles
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Yep, pretty much the only online bike shop I deal with.

Always great service.
  • +1 for Merlin
  • +1 merlin

though be ready with a big knife to try and open their packages with all their bubble rap :shock:
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Took my bike in person there the other month and they were equally as freindly. they were just fitting my new cassette and derailleur but ended up giving my bike a free service :)
    Full marks 10/10
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    Yeah Merin have always been almost telepathic when I've ordered stuff, the thing is how on earth do they get the royal fail to deliver so quick? :o
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    OnOne were pretty quick with my tyres. Recieved an email to say they had been despatched, knock on the door 15 mins later and there they were lol.
  • fridgehq
    fridgehq Posts: 54
    Had my wheels built by Merlin excellent job and Bombproof
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    I've had stuff arrive very quickly from merlin and the prices were great too. If I ever need wheels then I'll get them from Merlin
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    I just check they've got what I want in stock, and go to Merlin and pick it up :lol:, I am an impatient woman :D

Caz xx
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    supersonic wrote:
    OnOne were pretty quick with my tyres. Recieved an email to say they had been despatched, knock on the door 15 mins later and there they were lol.

+1 i got next day delivery from them with a merino baselayer!
  • Best service and advice in the NW IMHO.
    Hope they hurry up and build my new wheels theres a bank hol coming ;0)
    Specialized Enduro 2010 -custom
    Specialized Stumpjumper Elite 2009
    Specialized Hotwalker - start them young

Jamis Xenith Comp - Road
  • :D
    And they did got the phone call late afternoon and collected a nice shiny set of Hope Pro2 Evos in gold with 521 rims
    Took less than a week from order and will be thrashed for the first time at the weekend.
    Well done Merlin, brill service.
    Specialized Enduro 2010 -custom
    Specialized Stumpjumper Elite 2009
    Specialized Hotwalker - start them young

Jamis Xenith Comp - Road
  • coynie
    coynie Posts: 112
    Ordered a new helmet giro hex phoned them at 4.30 and it still arrived the next day
    excellent service
    Malt 1
    Malt 4
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Haven't used Merlin as yet but reading all the positive reviews I'll now start. Nice to see a good news thread re a supplier

I'm still blaiming Wiggle though..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...