Tour De France DVDs

Secteur
Secteur Posts: 1,971
edited August 2011 in Pro race
Hello,

I am still pondering the cycling weekly TdF DVDs. I particulatly want to buy the 1989 & 1998 ones, but they are really expensive. Normally I dont think twice abour splashing the cash on little cycle related treats, but these are almost prohibitively priced.

Are they good quality & well narrated, or are they a bit "hodge-podge"?

Anyone have a copy they'd like to lend / sell lol?! Otherwise, are they really worth the money?

Comments

• dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    I have both but I'm not in a hurry to sell :)

keep your eyes peeled on ebay as they do crop up from time to time. also check out cyclingtorrentz.nl they have loads of good content on there
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Well in the meantime if anyone has any they want to sell on... :-)
  • neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Lance-Armst ... 720&sr=1-1

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but I bought this and thought it was a bit of a bargain.
  • I got a pack of 5 years ago. 89 to 93, I think.

89 is a keeper of course.

They aren't that well edited or put together. A product of their time, really. As I remember it a daily update of the leaderboard, which gets quite time consuming. Sudden cuts to any crashes etc.

Worth it for the boyhood memories but TBH the early 90s ones got a bit dull to watch. Maybe I should revisit em.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    There's always cyclingtorrents too :wink:
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Are any of the more recent ones going to be available on Bluray? And without P&P commentating? That's the real turn off for me.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017