Hooking up for informal rides in South Lincolnshire?

thechangingman
thechangingman Posts: 61
edited August 2011 in The bottom bracket
I am just REALLY busy at weekends and I have to ride at specific times which has meant that I have not been able to join any of the local cycling clubs... :(

Does anyone have any advice about how it might be possible to hook up with like-minded (and like-capable!) riders for ad-hoc weekend training rides?
"There's more to life than bikes you know, but not much more..." (with apologies to Morrissey)

Comments

• Hi there
    Where abouts specifically are you based and which is your ideal place to ride?
    Can you define capable?

I can peddle and stay on so I'm competent but I assume you have a rough distance and average speed in mind?

Hopefully we'll get some sunny days to enjoy soon.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Postcode, Distance , pace or number of hours/ minutes in the saddle.

As long as you aint Russ Downing I could be up for it.
  • NommaG
    NommaG Posts: 10
    Where in Lincs are you? I'm near Woodhall Spa. :D
  • Sorry, I've been off here for a while...

I am based in Bourne in South Lincs, I am 46 years old, I tend to do 30-40 loop rides out from Bourne and come in at about 16-18mph av speed per hour.

I do 2 or 3 sportives a year and do 100 miles in about 6 hours.

I wasn't claiming to be a 'capable' rider, just a very keen one and looking for riders with a similar outlook/speed/fitness level.
    "There's more to life than bikes you know, but not much more..." (with apologies to Morrissey)
  • timmyturbo
    timmyturbo Posts: 617
    NommaG wrote:
    Where in Lincs are you? I'm near Woodhall Spa. :D

found memories of being treated to saturday afternoons at the petwood hotel on sundays when i was 10 , lived in tattershall for 5 years . small world man :)
    Britannia waives the rules