Graham Watson's not mincing his words here is he...

Moomaloid
Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
edited August 2011 in Pro race
Just posted on twitter...

[/i]Why would top-calibre guy like Tony Martin go to a low-slung team like Quick-Step? They're the most under-performing lot in the World Tour!

Think he's right mind you :lol:

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    Hey!

He's just jealous they use Tim de Waele!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    He is right, but surely a big rider going to a bad team will get to ride what he wants how he wants with full support. (Two years ago people wondered why Evans would go to BMC)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    The man's got prevoius. He did afterall a call Lemond a fool who should keep his mouth shut. Nice :roll:
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    Graham Watson is a small man, and I don't mean physically.
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,170
    Moomaloid wrote:
    Just posted on twitter...

Why would top-calibre guy like Tony Martin go to a low-slung team like Quick-Step? They're the most under-performing lot in the World Tour!

Think he's right mind you :lol:

Er, $$$
    Mañana
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    andyp wrote:

Why what has done to upset you ? He has an opinion and like you he expresses it .........and ?
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Moray Gub wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Why what has done to upset you ? He has an opinion and like you he expresses it .........and ?

Yeah, but his opinion is wrong, simple as. He chose the wrong side when he told said Lemond should keep his mouth shut, it makes Watson part of the problem.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Pinotti's comment is funny too... "I wanted to go to GreenEDGE, but it just didn't happen" or words to that effect...

Good thing to say as you prepare for life with your new team BMC... :lol:

BMC are gonna be a monster next year...
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    Moray Gub wrote:
    andyp wrote:

He's expressed his, I've expressed mine on a cycling forum where we discuss things about cycling. Funny that.

I've had the misfortune to meet Mr Watson on many ocassions and he's a rude, unpleasant man.
  • Martin's playing a speculator's game and reckons it's going to be easier to make an impression with a currently under-performing team than one that is already at the peak of its potential.

Like shares, careers can go down as well as up and past performance is no guarantee of future growth, as the advisors always say...
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    andyp wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    andyp wrote:

He's expressed his, I've expressed mine on a cycling forum where we discuss things about cycling. Funny that.

I've had the misfortune to meet Mr Watson on many ocassions and he's a rude, unpleasant man.

He's a fanboi who knows that a̶ ̶f̶a̶w̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶d̶m̶i̶r̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶L̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ lots of photos of Lance will make him lots of money
  • moray_gub
    dougzz wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Yeah, but his opinion is wrong, simple as. He chose the wrong side when he told said Lemond should keep his mouth shut, it makes Watson part of the problem.

He is a photographer ffs......get a grip.
  • moray_gub
    edited August 2011
    andy_wrx wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    andyp wrote:

He's a fanboi who knows that a̶ ̶f̶a̶w̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶d̶m̶i̶r̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶L̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ lots of photos of Lance will make him lots of money

Photographer in a taking photos of big name cyclist shocker !
  • moray_gub
    andyp wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Yea and he probably says the same about you.
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Watson's on the Radioshack payroll isn't he? He must be, given the tone of the dull one-sided drivel he produces for his CycleSport column. Reads like a Radioshack/Lance Armstrong press-release. Then again, he clearly knows which side his bread is buttered.
  • thomasmc
    thomasmc Posts: 814
    Moray Gub wrote:
    dougzz wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    andyp wrote:

He is a photographer ffs......get a grip.

Problem people have is that he didn’t stick to photography, waded in with comments at various times that appeared pro-Lance.

Do I agree with him, no! But he is as entitled as any of us to have his opinion
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    andyp wrote:

Which is a good job because I met him at Stage 5 of the TdF this year and I'm sure I'd think twice about spilling his pint.