Road races for next year

rudyardmtb
rudyardmtb Posts: 54
edited August 2011 in Amateur race
I have started cycling again this year after a long lay off and having never raced on the road before thought i would give it a shot next year. Will be 42 by then but age is just a number :D

So my question. I am after suggestions about good starter races for next year, i have been on the BC website so have a rough idea, jus wondered if anyone could provide me with info and advice on good races for a newbie.

Am based in North Staffs so races around the midlands and north west would be easy for me to access.

Cheers

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Its not BC, but the North Midlands Road Race league with 3 circuits near Rotherham would be a good start. They're on a Thursday night throughout the summer so you'd get regular racing and the racing is divided into 3 ability-based groups so you'd be racing against folk at a similar level to you.

More info here (for this year, but next year should be much the same)
    More problems but still living....
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    ^^^^This, also have a look at

http://tlicycling.org.uk

I would guess most of the races and race series in this years calendar will be run again next year.

Also,

http://www.cdnw.org/
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    As said, you should be looking into doing the tli / lvrc races next season as this year is slowly coming to a halt...
    Last race for me is the Macc Wheelers Siddington road race on Sunday... altho may do the tli national time trial in sept.
    The racing is always lively!
    It appears you are localish to me, just let me know if you need any more info.
  • Cheers for the replies, will check out the websites and more than likely enter some of them next year.

Right, just some speed work, cycling, hill work..............maybe some more cycling generally then :lol:

Where abouts are you based JGSI, will probably be slow for you at the mo but would be interested in some training sessions and route guidance. I wont be offended if you dont want to.

Chris
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    rudyardmtb wrote:
    Right, just some speed work, cycling, hill work..............maybe some more cycling generally then :lol:
    Don't forget bunch riding skills - your first race is not the time to learn how to ride in a group. Get out with a local club over the winter on group rides and ideally chaingang sessions if they do them in the lead up to the new season.