My new Pronghorn

Gentabout
Gentabout Posts: 19
edited September 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Well decided I needed to get back in to sensible shape as round is not the shape I want to be. So I got my old GT I Drive out and done a couple of rides with the other half and her new GT avalanche 2.0. Then I made the mistake of looking at new bikes myself and decided to upgrade the frame and group set. I had fitted a set of Sid world cups to the i drive a few years back so these were earmaked for the new frame too along with the rest of components.

Once I had the existing stuff converted I decided it needed some nicer wheels and tyres and settled on mavic cross trails with a conti race king 2.0 on the back and a conti mountain king 2.25 on the front both ust's

So some pictures

866ec1d2.jpg
ec5b2927.jpg
2458d03f.jpg
863fc3d1.jpg
804924a0.jpg
7aed243a.jpg

Comments

• Anyone have any suggestions for some better brakes? Currently got the old deore hydraulics on it. Been thinking about a set of the new shimano xt 2012 with ice disks.

Dean
  • chrisjnr19
    chrisjnr19 Posts: 231
    Ooh, I do like the those new XT brakes... they look great :)
    Or potentially at around the same price point, a set of Avid Elixir X0 brakes off Merlin?

Very unique frame you have there, I quite like it :)
  • chrisjnr19 wrote:
    Or potentially at around the same price point, a set of Avid Elixir X0 brakes off Merlin?

Thanks, I like to b a little different. I think a set of new xt will finish off the bike nicely. Planning on giving it a bit more abuse this weekend at bedgebury.
  • chrisjnr19
    chrisjnr19 Posts: 231
    Hehe, I should think so too! :)
    Ooh, Bedgebury is my 'local' track, I've been heading down there a lot lately, I'd quite like to plan a little meet up among the Kentish/Surrey folk there someday :P
    Where are you located, I'm guessing somewhere in Kent?
  • chrisjnr19 wrote:
    Where are you located, I'm guessing somewhere in Kent?

At the moment I am just getting back into riding and losing some weight and trying to get my other half confident on her bike, so it has just been the fire roads at bedgebury but I am itching to hit the single tracks at the moment.

We are near Sittingbourne so bedgebury is a bit of a trip but worth it.
  • Gentabout wrote:
    chrisjnr19 wrote:

Thanks, I like to b a little different. I think a set of new xt will finish off the bike nicely. Planning on giving it a bit more abuse this weekend at bedgebury.

Well as i could not get the new XT's fast enough (impatient bugger me) i succumbed last weekend to the tasty looking 2011 XTR's that were sitting in the LBS. Got them fitted and just waiting to give them some abuse.

Dean
  • Oops, just got the notification for the last two :P

I thought Rose still had the new XT's in Black??
  • chrisjnr19 wrote:
    Oops, just got the notification for the last two :P

I thought Rose still had the new XT's in Black??

Who are Rose?
  • Looks very nice, mean :twisted:
    Gentabout wrote:
    Who are Rose?

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/
    2011 Cannondale Trail SL 29er HERE