Recommend some reasonably priced quick release panniers

kelsen
kelsen Posts: 2,003
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
Wot the subject says. To fit a Tricross.

(This isn't for me as I would never ruin the aesthetics of my bike with great big lumps of luggage :) )

Comments

• depending on what they are carrying laptop paniers tend to be click on and off, I have a bike hut one, it's fine about £20 I think.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I have just bought a new frame that doesnt have fixing points so I am going to flog my altura arran panniers and rack soon, they go on and off quickly and never jumped off
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Carradice - Carradura are reasonably priced and any other brand of pannier bag is simply wrong!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Cheers all.

Paul E - PM me with details if you decide to sell as my mate might be interested.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Another plus for bikehut, not glamerous but do exactly what they are meant to!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • godders1
    godders1 Posts: 750
    I was going to recommend the Altura arrans.

[luggagesnob]Carradura= not "proper" carradice anyway. :wink:[/luggagesnob]
  • rolf_f
    Godders1 wrote:
    I was going to recommend the Altura arrans.

[luggagesnob]Carradura= not "proper" carradice anyway. :wink:[/luggagesnob]

Bah! He asked for reasonably priced and it's all still made in Lancashire!

Carradura is pretty good - probably not "last a lifetime of continuous touring Super C" good but as good as anything else!
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    I'd recommend Ortliebs because they'll last you forever, but they're not cheap....
  • rolf_f
    notsoblue wrote:
    I'd recommend Ortliebs because they'll last you forever, but they're not cheap....

Same applies to Carradice though and you get to support the economy rather than damaging it (which we all do enough of as it is mostly without the choice :lol: )

Still, the fact that it Spa cycles sell Ortlieb as well as Carradice makes me think Ortlieb is as safe a bet in practical terms as Carradice. Spa do a pretty good job of not bothering to stock anything that is crap!
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Altura Orkney's. Fit my Tricross well, superb for all weathers.

They took all my gear camping round Scotland a number of times, never a problem, never a leak. Plus much cheaper than Ortlieb.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"