Norwich to yarmouth route

dodgeysr
dodgeysr Posts: 3
edited August 2011 in Commuting general
hello

First post here after lurking for a couple of months. Eventually got my new bike through cycle to work and am now wondering on what route to take from norwich to yarmouth as the title suggests. Noticed some on here also cycle this way so was hoping to get some advice on routes.
cheers
Dodge

Comments

• Not along the A47 or along the Acle straight.....

I live in Rackheath, my route is via Salhouse, Panxsworth, South Walsham, Acle, Stokesby, Runham, Caister and then into Yarmouth.

You can also go via Loddon and St Olaves if you live on the south side of Norwich or you can go via Reedham ferry, but it doesn't start until half 7 so depends what time you start.

There are at least 5 or 6 people that do it and its quite a long way, but all good fun.
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • Thanks Carlos, think I'll give acle, stokesby, runham a go then. guessed acle straight was a no no, wasn't sure what haddiscoe bends were like on a bike but think reedham ferry starting time will count that route out at my current speed.
  • skdotcom
    skdotcom Posts: 56
    Not along the A47 or along the Acle straight.....

I live in Rackheath, my route is via Salhouse, Panxsworth, South Walsham, Acle, Stokesby, Runham, Caister and then into Yarmouth.

You can also go via Loddon and St Olaves if you live on the south side of Norwich or you can go via Reedham ferry, but it doesn't start until half 7 so depends what time you start.

There are at least 5 or 6 people that do it and its quite a long way, but all good fun.

Fairly fast traffic along the Salhouse Road though, but clearly better than A47.
    I'd suggest stopping off at Woodbastwick for a beer on the way ;)
    Specialized Sequoia Expert Gravel Bike
    Ribble CGR SL di2 12spd Gravel Bike
    Planet X Spitfire Titanium Road Bike
    Dawes Super Galaxy Tandem
    Boardman Hybrid Team
    Raleigh Equipe Fixie
    Kona Dew Drop
  • The Ship Inn - South Walsham has Broadside on the go at the moment and its enroute...... I :-)
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL