Garmin's latest signing wears "special shoes"...

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited August 2011 in The bottom bracket
By Polly Filla:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... rance.html

But damn, that's one ugly top of the range Pinarello. :D
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    edited August 2011
    Prince isn't top of the range :P

I do ask why the hell he feels he has to shave his legs as well.

Edit: Actually i should give kudos to him for getting out on the bike even if theres a massive fashion faux pau
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,662
    Known as the "Prince of Spain" colour scheme.

Not for shrinking violet types, but then Lord Sugar is hardly known for that trait, is he?

More criminal is the wearing of Assos socks with Castelli knicks, and Garmin/Cervelo kit while riding a Pinarello. At least he's not wearing that argyle pattern one he used to...

I wonder if he's on commission from Garmin, or holds stock more likely? That's a couple of pictures in general publication of him I've seen in their team outfits of various vintages.

Oh, and matt black helmets look cr@p. On anyone.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,662
    Gazzaputt wrote:

It was in 2008 and up till the Dogma 60.1 was released in the 09 range.

They are confusing. The previous Dogma was the (fabulous) magnesium frame, which was above the alloy Prince, but below the carbon Paris FP, IIRC. Then the magnesium Dogma was discontinued, the Prince carbon came out, priced above the Paris FP, then carbon Dogma replaced them both...

Now the Paris is back, but it's middle/upper range.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    I like the colour scheme but then i am colour blind too :D

Always nice to see someone really into their cycling dont care if they are unemployed or a billionaire, its all good!
  • Yeah, I think he actually looks pretty sweet. Agree with Omar.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Gazzaputt wrote:

Because it looks good - the same reason the rest of us do it.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Gazzaputt wrote:

Because it looks good - the same reason the rest of us do it.

Not me any longer.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Same colourscheme as Downing and Valverde rode for years I think ? I like it.
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    If you can excuse him advertising a dopers colour scheme he only thing wrong with the picture is that he has Zipps instead of Boras.

He apparently has a few of these dotted around his various houses.

Good on him.
  • I wonder if he's on commission from Garmin

Garmin supply GPS products to Lord Sugar for his plane (and probably ship/boat) and chuck in the team strip as a free gift. I know this because a direct friend (not friend of a friend of a friend) supplied the aero GPS and trained Lord Sugar in it's use.
    Trainee BC level 2 coach ... and that's offical (30th June 2013)

Scott Addict R4 (2008)
    Scott Genius MC30 (2006)
    Quest carbon circa 1994 - winter bike
    Fuji Track Comp 2010
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    "All the gear and no idea" :?:

I hope he's instructed his chauffeur to watch out for cyclists as he is driven around London in his Roller :!:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    "...even wore gloves, and racing glasses.."

Blimey, do I look so keen everytime I cycle then?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • amun1000
    amun1000 Posts: 242
    at least he's getting out on his bike
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. H.G. Wells
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    He must be a pro rider now reading that article.

I don't wear sunglasses I'm not a cyclist now!!!
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I think it's good to see such high profile people getting cycling, shows the world that not all cyclists are red light jumping oiks. Also good to see a man of his age keeping in good shape, puts most 64 year olds to shame. Agree with whoever said that it makes a mockery of all those who don't excercise because they haven't got the time!

I've seen Sugar interviewed about his cycling, he's really into it. Has a bike at each of his houses and rides whenever he can. If I saw him out on the bike i'd let him sit on my wheel for a while if he gave me some business tips.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Nairnster
    Nairnster Posts: 602
    I agree with the comment above, he looks in pretty good shape compared to a lot of 64 year olds, so he obviously does exercise.

I imagine he is a fairly busy bloke as well, so getting out twice a week is as much if not more than some people.

Plus lets face it, he is loaded, so it no surprise to see he has a fairly top end machine. The mention of the bike being top of the range could be purely down to inaccurate reporting.

Fair play to the man, and is any kind of publicity for the sport of cycling, especially in this case just a short, but not at all negative article, not a good thing?
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Yepp, as others have said, good on 'im. He is mad keen on cycling and can afford the best, so why not buy it. Apparently he is a grumpy sh1t when out on his bike but he is a grumpy sh1t when he isn't so no change there then.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    McBain_v1 wrote:
    "All the gear and no idea" :?:

I hope he's instructed his chauffeur to watch out for cyclists as he is driven around London in his Roller :!:

Why so? Why be so negative?

He's been quite seriously into cycling for a while, and can afford a decent bike/kit. He also gets off his backside and rides regularly - good on him.
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    #Haha, all that cash and he's wearing a MTB helmet!

Oh, and check out the width of those calves! fecking heck!
  • Good on a rich man riding. Hasn't gone too far from having a good time traits.
  • Nairnster
    Nairnster Posts: 602
    Exactly. And having looked through the gallery of peoples bikes on here, there are people without even a tenth of Sugar's fortune who ride more expensive bikes.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Lord Sugar has had that bike for about 4 years now. I remember seeing Him on a TV programme pictured with His bike and that wicked colour scheme :roll:
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura