Road Resurfacing

essex-commuter
essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
Over the past month a total of about 1km of my route has been resurfaced, it has been some of the bad parts too.

Came home tonight to find signs out on the worst section of my route (a 0.5km road just before I turn into the road where I live) saying resurfacing starting tomorrow. Bl@@dy fantastic!

Wooooosh!

Comments

• Jason82
    Jason82 Posts: 142
    Yep some of mine is being done mainly I think because the olympic bike race is held on some of my roads. Just in time for the snow and ice to carve them all up again ha ha
    Missing a Boardman cx team
    FCN = 9
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    There has been some resurfacing along a few of the roads that I ride on round here as well. Some have been a total resurface with lovely new asphalt but some roads that were smooth and 'ok' have had the 'stick and spray' surface dressing - totally ruined some good riding roads.
    FCN 2 to 8
  • Mr Plum wrote:
    There has been some resurfacing along a few of the roads that I ride on round here as well. Some have been a total resurface with lovely new asphalt but some roads that were smooth and 'ok' have had the 'stick and spray' surface dressing - totally ruined some good riding roads.

Mine are all total resurfaces, soup to nuts. Na na na na na!

Doesn't take a lot to make me happy :D
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Mr Plum wrote:

Mine are all total resurfaces, soup to nuts. Na na na na na!

Doesn't take a lot to make me happy :D

Ha :P Thought I was going to get a puncture along one road because the chippings looked so sharp and fresh.
    FCN 2 to 8
  • The rioting last week stopped them doing a stretch of South Lambeth Road so hoping they reschedule. Stockwell Road is much nice now though - much less weaving in and out on the approach to the junction.

The worst road I have to commute on is the one that goes past the Herne Hill velodrome - I swear my brain rattles some days. The other day, there was a big flatbed unloading a steamroller type thing on the corner and I was hopeful it was a precursor to resurfacing but sadly not... I thought about reporting it but there are so many potholes, I'm not sure where to start.