Macaskill Film

essex-commuter
essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
I haven't seen this one before, I think there was a programme about it on TV last night (I misses it).

Uber cool. Check out the riding along the wire. Unreal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShbC5yVqOdI

Comments

• Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    The guy is awesome.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,381
    edited August 2011
    Concrete Circus on C4. It's up on 4OD. EDIT: oops, not quite.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Excellent film, great programme and four very different films at the end. Danny Macaskill is an inspirational rider but there's very little that hasn't been done before, look at Martin Ashton, Chris Akrigg, Ryan Leach or Jeff Lenosky. What they haven't benefitted from is You Tube and viral advertising. The only films and athletes that really pushed the boundaries imo were the flatland BMX that was simply amazing and the skateboarding, they both had me absolutely spellbound
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • chadders81
    chadders81 Posts: 744
    Was just about to post this. To be honest I was thinking 'hmmm there's a pretty new setting but he isn't doing anything I haven't seen before'.

And then he went across that wire. And the way he jumped from rail to rail...

Beautifully shot as well.
  • l0key
    l0key Posts: 25
    to watch the other clips if you missed it (as i did)

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/conc ... /the-films
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I thought the best film was the final one with all of the athletes in the Barbican. It's listed as Barbican Bolero in the link l0key posted.
  • Mackaskill????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhoUq6PSJJE

Didn't know he skated... :wink:

C4 programme was pretty cool though...
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Had a mate come into the office this morning totally fired up by this. I'll be watching this on 4oD tonight.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Watching the programme right now. Though it isn't bike specific it is awesome.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Impressive! Think I'll have to try and find that on the ol' Vision box this evening....

Can't wait for the Skyride next month as the last few years we've had a trials team down doing demo's and it's just amazing to watch live :-) They tend to do audience participation and usually pick a male. May have something to do with the precision wheelies and bunny hops they do, men tend to have a bit more "at risk" then the fairer sex :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    reminds me of Ryan Leech on the Roam DVD.

an anyone remember Dirty Tricks & Cunning Stunts with Martyn Ashton an martin Hawes

this is why i love street trials....my limit was doing a rockwalk or back hops, damn my sausage like fingers!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Slightly disappointing for me - Danny Macaskills film was good and the skateboarding one wasn't bad though it doesn't interest me much as a subject. But the BMX one was just the director showing off at the expense of actually showing the skills of the rider and the free running one spoiled by a half baked plot that was really pretty ridiculous. I think these things work best when a mate with a knack for it does the directing and there is no attempt at fancy production values.

What was nice about Dannys film is that he still showed mistakes and a bit of the setting up and planning of moves rather than pretending it is all a single take thing.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    I agree the free-running section (Storm Origins) was based on a rather thinly veiled "plot" but it was interesting for me as it's was filmed in my hometown :-) I spotted the distinctive East Croydon Station at the start and then recognised most of the other places. Some of their jumps where amazing and it was nice to see the out-takes at the end, have to admire these guys at they literally throw themselves into these things - another example being in the Barbican Bolero where the black guy does that insane jump from the upper foyer section through the skylight :shock:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5