Clapham South

Bikequin
Bikequin Posts: 402
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
Cyclist under a bus at Clapham South this morning. Praying they pull through.

Stay safe everyone.
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quin.

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    This looked horrific when I got there just before 8.30. Air ambulance, the entire road blocked off by police, diversions and traffic from Balham heading to Clapham South.

Anyone know what happened I saw a bus (tourist one), a white van and a black BMW stopped at the scene - though I don't know what part they played, if at all. I also think some cyclists were being questioned as well.

Also any details as to whether the person pulls through would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Laurence.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,377
    Erk! Must have missed that by only a few minutes. Do you mean one of the open-top jobbies? I've seen some horrific driving from one of them coming back up Cedars Road from QTR (presumably they have some sort of garage in Clapham South). Might be jumping the gun here though. Hope the cyclist makes it.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Not sure if it was open top or not. But it was a site seeing one.

Not sure what happened.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • richVSrich
    richVSrich Posts: 527
    hope the cyclist will be ok! :(

i have seen a bit of bad cycling the past couple of days...would have been perfect for Gaz's silly cyclists

one cyclists was cycling so close to parked cars, i told him at the next traffic lights that he shouldnt in case the doors are opened into him (he wasnt going that fast, but still..! )

and some people insist on pushing past buses and vehicles when its really tight...i actually shouted at a guy at PS yesterday on the way home as he was overtaking a bus (on the right) as the bus was turning right...i said just let it go first!

ride safe all!
  • Origamist
    Origamist Posts: 807
    edited August 2011
    It was a Big Bus Tours bus - maroon and cream livery. I came past the aftermath (HEMS, numerous fire engines, ambulances, and lots of Met on the scene etc). Hope the cyclist pulls through.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Just checked BJUK-cam, looks like one of the maroon/cream open-top ones just past the police car.

Hope all involved are OK. I did see some riders going round the first police van but I wasn't too worried about following CS7 as I could get away with extending my route via QTR and Embankment.
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    A big bus company bus in collision with a cyclist on CS7, why am I not surprised to read that. I've been giving them a wide berth a while now. Still must not jump to conclusions it may not be buses fault.

Hope the cyclist is ok / pulls through ......
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • If this is the same accident, the Wandsworth Guardian ( http://www.wandsworthguardian.co.uk/new ... n_Clapham/ ) is reporting a car and bike accident, not a bus. And luckily her injuries are reported as not life threatening or life changing
    Police and ambulance staff were called to a collision between a bike and a car this morning in Clapham.

A woman in her late 30s was taken to a south London hospital following the incident at the junction of Clapham Common Southside and Lynette Avenue SW4 just before 8am.

A police spokesman said her injuries were not being treated as life-threatening or life-changing.

No arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing.

Road closures are now in place.

Anyone with information should call police on 101.
  • Origamist
    Origamist Posts: 807
    If this is the same accident, the Wandsworth Guardian ( http://www.wandsworthguardian.co.uk/new ... n_Clapham/ ) is reporting a car and bike accident, not a bus. And luckily her injuries are reported as not life threatening or life changing
    Police and ambulance staff were called to a collision between a bike and a car this morning in Clapham.

A woman in her late 30s was taken to a south London hospital following the incident at the junction of Clapham Common Southside and Lynette Avenue SW4 just before 8am.

A police spokesman said her injuries were not being treated as life-threatening or life-changing.

No arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing.

Road closures are now in place.

Anyone with information should call police on 101.

That is the same incident. The rumour mill is suggesting the cyclist was hit by a passing car and pushed under the bus.

V good news about her injuries.
  • georgee
    georgee Posts: 537
    Have encountered them thruogh battersea and they're not the greatest drivers but then again, that covers most buses in London.

That said, two ejits on my commute last night were fighting to overtake down the inside of a bus in the NKR. Not a clue what some people believe they'll achieve.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    I once had one of the same buses pull right into the ASL at the top of Queenstown Road when I was waiting there once. It's a slight uphill start there so I didn't really appreciate being crowded but then the door opened and the driver started asking about my helmet cam.
    Was nice that he struck up a conversation, just wish he'd done it at a better point :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699