I'm a Doper. A 'come clean' thread.

Vesterberg
Vesterberg Posts: 330
edited August 2011 in The bottom bracket
I dreamt last night I was a pro cyclist and doped. Now I'm disgusted with myself and am thinking of giving up cycling. Any advice?

Comments

• The best advice I can give is this: stop dreaming and the problem will never reoccur.
  • StefanP
    StefanP Posts: 429
    edited August 2011
    I dreamt that I was on holiday and Bruce Forsyth had died and I didn't know it! (Turns out my home town was burnt down)
  • How long did you take them for? Who supplied you? What did you take?
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    How much better were you?
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    Basically it's a dream of inadequacy, or/and you've been cheating on your wife/gf etc
  • cycologist
    cycologist Posts: 721
    what masking agents did you take and how did you manage to avoid detection until you woke up ?
    Two wheels good,four wheels bad
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Vesterberg wrote:
    I dreamt last night I was a pro cyclist and doped. Now I'm disgusted with myself and am thinking of giving up cycling. Any advice?

Do you have a nice bike? If so and its a 54cm - i'd like to help you give up so please tell me when i can collect it.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Lance? Is that you??
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    I'm told David Millar has a dream where he's an internet jockey posting random drivel.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    I'm told David Millar has a dream where he's an internet jockey posting random drivel.

And inbetween that he was sleeping with someone else's wife and taking shed loads of drugs to cheat his sport but he's said that's he's very, very, very sorry and that he realises that he was a naughty boy and won't do it again and he's from Scotland and not a funny foreigner so that's alright then.

Or something like that.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    I have to say that I've used drugs a fair bit recently - mostly co-codamol tablets to deal with the pain of a broken collar bone caused by bike accident :lol:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    At last, I can out myself. I am taking hydrochlorothaizide which is on the banned list as it is considered a masking agent. Fortunately I am not taking anything that needs masking :lol:

However, it does make me a bit faster but only to reach the toilet :oops:
    The older I get the faster I was
  • deny it, write a book and in a few years come out with unsubstantiated rumours that a fellow forumite, with a much higher post count than you, was a habitual doper :shock:
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    No doping but I may or may not have had potentially contaminated meat :lol::lol:
  • I'm absolutely rattling with various drugs, and I'm still cr@p :cry:

Never mind!
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • No doping but I may or may not have had potentially contaminated meat :lol::lol:

Stop going to McDonald's maybe?
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    No doping but I may or may not have had potentially contaminated meat :lol::lol:

Stop going to McDonald's maybe?
    Big Mac's aren't good for recovery? :lol::lol:
  • The Ors
    The Ors Posts: 130

My meat was contaminated a while back. It's better now though. :D
  • I like to take three big puffs on my inhaler before a ride - I call it doing a Petacchi :-)