Genesis Equalibrium Riders

sketchley
sketchley Posts: 4,238
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
Have you noticed the small dent at the bottom of the drive side chain stay on the inside next to the chain? As I found out when I took mine back to the LBS to get it checked out, they have all got them and it's completely normal, something to do with protecting the frame if the chain jumps! :oops:
--
Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5

Comments

• blkmcs
    blkmcs Posts: 14
    Sketchley wrote:
    Have you noticed the small dent at the bottom of the drive side chain stay on the inside next to the chain? As I found out when I took mine back to the LBS to get it checked out, they have all got them and it's completely normal, something to do with protecting the frame if the chain jumps! :oops:
    I only noticed it on mine last week when I took the wheels off for cleaning.
    Nice to know that it is normal. :)
  • It's quite common on steel frames, as they're made out of straight tubes, you need to take a dink out there otherwise a large chainring would scrape the paint.
  • Equilibrium* :wink:

Still excited to see what plans are afoot for the 2012 Equilibrium

As far as I know it's just a price-hike for the existing bikes and introducing a new, Sora equipped Equilibrium 00. Oh, and the 10 is now battleship grey.

http://road.cc/content/news/39332-first ... hifers-are

As far as I know it's just a price-hike for the existing bikes and introducing a new, Sora equipped Equilibrium 00. Oh, and the 10 is now battleship grey.

http://road.cc/content/news/39332-first ... hifers-are

Thanks for the link. I have to say, I'm not that impressed with their full builds. Given the quality of components, it really is beginning to sound like an over-priced bike. Bizarre to see that the most outstanding part of the Equilibrium (the frame), however, is to remain very competitively priced. It will be interesting to see what paint scheme the frame alone is to come in, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I will have built my steel winter bike up with Tokyo Fixed's Wide Open before it comes out anyway.
  • blkmcs
    blkmcs Posts: 14
    It's quite common on steel frames, as they're made out of straight tubes, you need to take a dink out there otherwise a large chainring would scrape the paint.
    Oops, just read Sketchley's post a little more carefully and realised that in fact the dent on mine is on the seat stay not the chain stay. :oops:
    It would take a very large chainring to scrape the paint at that position. :lol:
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Oops, my mistake I'm getting my stays mixed up. The dent I was referring too is on the seat stay.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5