Replacement Helmet Pads?

Dalton
Dalton Posts: 265
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
Hi,

I have worn away the front pad on my Boardman helmet. It attaches via velcro. You would think therefore that replacement parts could be had!?!

Can I find any on the tin-ter-web?

Nope!

Please can someone help?

:D

Comments

• gilesjuk
    gilesjuk Posts: 340
    That's why you buy Giro or some other brand, their pads are easily available.

I suspect you'll only have any luck going to Halfords.
  • Dalton
    Dalton Posts: 265
    gilesjuk wrote:
    That's why you buy Giro or some other brand, their pads are easily available.

I suspect you'll only have any luck going to Halfords.

Didn't think of such things when I was purchasing. I bought the only helmet that fitted my massive head properly, which was the Boardman.

:shock:
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Hmm my Boardman is just starting to look 'worn' as well......maybe a Giro or similar will fit!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    I've had this problem with 2 Bell helmets. Anyone else think they deliberately restrict the availability of spare pads to encourage you to buy a new helmet?
  • fatherted
    fatherted Posts: 199
    Dalton wrote:
    Hi,

I have worn away the front pad on my Boardman helmet. It attaches via velcro. You would think therefore that replacement parts could be had!?!

Can I find any on the tin-ter-web?

Nope!

Please can someone help?

:D
    Buy a decent lid then you'll find stuff like this,
    http://www.selevhelmets.com/index.php?o ... &Itemid=57