Oakley Warranty

essex-commuter
essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
Hs anyone had any luck with Oakley replacing something outside of the warranty period?

I've owned Oakley's for years, have 4 pairs, love them. I have a pair of half jackets with 'titanium' lens, it appears that a thin coating (could be the iridium?) on the inside of the lens is starting to wear away on both lenses...this has resulted in things now being slighty misty through certain sections.

Would you just buy a new pair of lenses and be done with it, or would you pursue Oakley for a manufacturing defect claim? I look after my glasses, always clean them in the correct manner, always keep them in a case when they are not on my face etc.

Comments

• Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Contact Oakley. I'm pretty sure they'll look after you.
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    Many years ago I broke the arm off my Frogskins, well out of warranty. Sent them off to Oakley and for a couple of £ they replaced it. Great service (but should be for the margins they make)
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Oakley are brilliant at sorting stuff out outside of warranty. One of my frames (E-jacket I think, can't be sure) kept fracturing where it thinned on the arms (where the ear-sock sat) and they replaced any number of them. Then, one day I sent the magic "returns" box off and it came back with a whole new frame in. They'd run out of that colour of arms so replaced the whole frame with the closest current colour match.

Top, top customer service.*

* Yes, we all know why they can afford to do stuff like that!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • I've done a bit of web research and it seems Oakley are good with warranty on frames but not lenses. Other people have experienced 'delaminating' and Oakleys response has been that it's due to excess moisture and that they will replace the lenses...at retail price.

Mmm, think I will still send them back and see what they say.
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Your research powers are strong. I had the frame go on a pair of Juliettes outside of warrantee. For £26 Oakley extended the warrantee and replaced the frame, keeping the lenses. Excellent, speedy service throughout.
  • el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    I want one of their big retro stickers for the back window of my car

like this

http://www.decalsplanet.com/item-2124-size-66-oakley.html
    <a>road</a>
  • alan_sherman
    alan_sherman Posts: 1,157
    I bought a sticker for my car in the early 90s. " W*nkley - Thermonuclear Ejaculation" in bright orange but the same font as Oakley stickers of the time. I was so cool. 8)

A few years later when I could afford to I actually bought some Oakleys