Brad Pitt in Glasgow

Wallace1492
Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-14523503

Like the line: "Parts of Glasgow are being turned into war-torn ruins for the next two weeks as filming for a new Hollywood blockbuster gets under way."

So, either they are tidying Glasgow up or making it look like Inner London after the riots..... :wink:
"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"

Comments

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-14523503

Like the line: "Parts of Glasgow are being turned into war-torn ruins ..."
    Glasgow on a Sunday morning :wink:

Was kinda surprised it cost less to come over here, change a bit of Glasgow to look like Philadelphia and film than it would to just film in Philadelphia.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    "A number of roads in the city centre will be closed to traffic"

Someone alert the Daily Mail!

I'm really looking forward to this movie, the book its based on is pretty cool.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    notsoblue wrote:
    "A number of roads in the city centre will be closed to traffic"

Someone alert the Daily Mail!

I'm really looking forward to this movie, the book its based on is pretty cool.

Yeah, read the book this summer and it's pretty well done; not shock and gore, but just concentrating on the stories of how people coped, how governments reacted and so on.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • nation
    nation Posts: 609
    The roads in question are roads that you would avoid like the plague anyway.

Weirdly enough I'm heading home (to Glasgow) for a week to show some visiting friends the sights at the same time this is occurring.
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    Well he was in Falmouth a few weeks ago, where he got a liking for Cornish pastys. So he's risen in my estimations! :D

But if they wanted war-torn ruins, they could have got them in Camborne and Redruth, about 20 miles away, much closer than the other end of the UK
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Apparantly the producers are going to delay shooting till the first Old Firm game of the year, that way they can get a real life plague of 60,000 zombies for free.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Apparantly the producers are going to delay shooting till the first Old Firm game of the year, that way they can get a real life plague of 60,000 zombies for free.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Apparantly the producers are going to delay shooting till the first Old Firm game of the year, that way they can get a real life plague of 60,000 zombies for free.
  • suzyb wrote:

COPYCAT :wink:
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    My Mate's up there on the film crew.

They've been in Malta, Cornwall and Glasgow.

They'll be going to Aldershot and somewhere in Norfolk (I think).

BJB
  • redhanded
    redhanded Posts: 139
    I enjoyed the book World War Z the film is based upon however the format of the book is interviews by a journalist AFTER the world has been devasted by a zombie apocalypse.

Apparently the film has a typical Hollywood treatment of Brad Pitt rushing to *save* the world from the impending zombie apocalypse, rescue his loved ones etc. etc. so will lose most of the impact of the book.