Floyd accuses Pepe Marti of selling EPO

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited August 2011 in Pro race
The same Pepe Marti who is Contadors coach.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    No no no, Contador's coach is SaxoBank Sungard. His PR people have said so today.
  • Yawn

Who cares what floyd says about the past. Remeber this guy lied under oath to try and get his money from winning the tour when we all know he cheated. ever wonder why the really bad day before the good one.

was he paid for this interview as well?

We all think evans was clean yet his coach was Aldo Sassi and the Mapei centre
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    No no no, Contador's coach is SaxoBank Sungard. His PR people have said so today.
    The same PR guru said a year ago that he hoped Marti would join Saxo :oops:
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    Aldo Sassi who is know for training riders clean in recent years.

Yeah, also, because he lied once, that means that he is now making up loads more lies because he just can't stop himself.

** Please note, I'm not saying everything he must say is true but the dismissive post by Rule74 is bringing up lame Armstrong type reasoning...
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    Isn't Samuel Sanchez coached by Pepe Marti too?
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908

Yeah, also, because he lied once, that means that he is now making up loads more lies because he just can't stop himself.

** Please note, I'm not saying everything he must say is true but the dismissive post by Rule74 is bringing up lame Armstrong type reasoning...

The bloke is a cheat, who gives a toss what he has to say, hardly a credible source the money grabbing cheating turd. (not that i don't believe him, just think why should this bloke get the time of day to dob everyone else in just because he's bitter) If the bloke was always clean and not out to grab some £ then i'd give it another glance.
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Why has he only said this now and not when he sent the original emails, etc?
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299

The bloke is a cheat, who gives a toss what he has to say, hardly a credible source the money grabbing cheating turd. (not that i don't believe him, just think why should this bloke get the time of day to dob everyone else in just because he's bitter) If the bloke was always clean and not out to grab some £ then i'd give it another glance.

So we don't listen to any ex dopers then? :?
  • LeicesterLad

So we don't listen to any ex dopers then? :?

Not if they leave it 5 years untill the press come knocking waving large cheques before they spill the beans, No.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

Not if they leave it 5 years untill the press come knocking waving large cheques before they spill the beans, No.

What about when they quietly write an email to their countries anti-doping authority, telling what they know with detail and don't get any payment for it.

What about then?

Or does it all change because someone at the ADA leaks the email?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    iainf72 wrote:

What about when they quietly write an email to their countries anti-doping authority, telling what they know with detail and don't get any payment for it.

What about then?

Pwnage.
  • LeicesterLad
    iainf72 wrote:

What about then?

Still some alterior motive there me thinks, or just pure bitterness. Why not send the ADA an email at the time, why not say no to drugs, talk to frank, shop his team and play the hero? Why be a filthy cheat, watch everbody else cheat, and then decide to talk to the ADA 4 years later? Like i said, not that i don't believe what he's saying, just that he deserves no credibility to say it.
  • avoidingmyphd
    It was in the original emails. It's just getting more publicity again now after he said it again.

inner ring linked to this old coverage today, for example:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-08-2 ... andis.html
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    It was in the original emails. It's just getting more publicity again now after he said it again.

inner ring linked to this old coverage today, for example:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-08-2 ... andis.html

Ah ok, thanks for that. Am having a busy day so did google and find that article but didnt fully read it.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    have to say this is one of the first times i've heard anyone actually say who on the teams is supply the drugs to riders so that is a good step.

Naturally I now assume the UCI will do nothing and this guy will still be working in cycling for years to come :D

After two years i'm not waiting for some news from thie grand Jury surely they must know by now if they can go to a public trial or not
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    At this stage we either get the truth from someone who has lied for years, or we don't get the truth at all.

Certain elements within cycling should have treated Floyd better, he played by the rules of the era but was cast aside and ended up riding for joke teams like Rock Racing...

I haven't followed the story as closely as I should have, but ultimately it seems Floyd wanted to do it quietly, and wanted to get a weight off his shoulders. Meanwhile Lance has thrown all the mud he can gather and some of it is sticking...
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    The bloke is a cheat, who gives a toss what he has to say, hardly a credible source the money grabbing cheating turd.

Even a broken watch is right twice a day.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    The bloke is a cheat, who gives a toss what he has to say, hardly a credible source the money grabbing cheating turd.

Even a broken watch is right twice a day.

Unless you have a Casio G-Shock ...
  • I'd find it quite amusing if he said to Landis, right back it up in court, because let's face it without proof, that's a very slanderous comment and coming from Landis it's a bit rich, not quite sure which hole he talks from the most his mouth or his backside....
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Old story...
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,805
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • avoidingmyphd
    Generally, posts advertising your inability to grasp the connection between serious falls and bloodclots belong in The Clinic.
  • mididoctors
    Generally, posts advertising your inability to grasp the connection between serious falls and bloodclots belong in The Clinic.

no doubt
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    point taken