silly commuting clothing

bearfraser
bearfraser Posts: 435
edited August 2011 in Commuting general
Just saw someone commuting in jeans.rigger boots , hi viz jacket and a full face helmet and of course on he pavement.

Comments

• bearfraser
    bearfraser Posts: 435
    and on a BSO
  • Jason82
    Jason82 Posts: 142
    Yep saw some woman coming the other way on the pavement dressed in hi-viz jacket, Hi viz ankle things and helmet. I shouted it must be really dangerous riding the pavement if you need all that safety gear.
    Missing a Boardman cx team
    FCN = 9
  • Ignoring the pavement thing, I don't think you guys should be so keen to judge a person without knowing anything about them. For all you know they could have had a nasty bike accident in the past which has rocked their confidence. As a driver and a cyclist, no matter where a cyclist is, I always appreciate them wearing high-vis gear. Nothing worse than a dickhead cyclist who thinks they know better wearing dark colours.

As far as the full face helmet, you can still break your jaw and incur a nice dentist bill if you bail out while on a pavement. It is solid concrete after all. We may look like tit's to you in our full-face helmets, but they look better than a fucked-up jaw and are much cheaper than death.
  • Jason82
    Jason82 Posts: 142
    I wear a hi-viz vest thing and a hump when the days get darker so no problem with hi-viz wearers. I just don't get why people wear so much protective stuff to ride the pavement I see it all the time.
    Missing a Boardman cx team
    FCN = 9
  • There's a guy I've seen commuting on an old MTB through Tooting who wears an American Football helmet. It's not a great look...