Kielder suitable for kiddies trailer?

carpetmonster
carpetmonster Posts: 18
Just wondered if anyone knew if the trails a kielder were suitable for a trailer planning on taking the kids out.

Comments

• bearfraser
    bearfraser Posts: 435
    not sure of the names of the routes but quite a few are forest tracks suitable for lorries and ATV's.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Should be fine on Lakeside Way. Plenty wide enough as it's designed for everyone to use.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    The Lakeside Way is all surfaced, so is suitable for trailers. The trail is not at all flat though with constant short climbs of between 20m and 40m vertical - so it's quite hard work for a family trail.

My 11 year old, who's not a great cyclist, hated it - particularly the loose surface on the downhill corners. My 9 year old loved it. There are also lots of interesting sculptures and points of interest on the way round... I even got to see a Red Squirrel from the hide near Leaplish. As there are very few bale-out options it's worth a recce before you set off, though on the South side you can always drop people off at a cafe and go get a car.

I did see a couple of trailers on the Lakeside Way, but it looked like hard work!

North side - 11.5 miles
    KielderLake-N.jpg
    South side - 14.5 miles
    KielderLake-S.jpg
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building