glasgow 100

hilltop
hilltop Posts: 41
Did the glasgow 100 today,and it was a killer! The hills just kept on comming at you with hardly any respite but I still enjoyed it.
I thought it was well organized and I think they may be running it again next year.
Any one else do it and what was your thoughts of the event?

Comments

• Hi Hilltop,

I did the 100k option as it was the first time i'd attempted a distance like that.

I really enjoyed it too but also found the hills felt like they were never-ending. Didn't help with the fact that i ended up with four flats.

Could not find any evidence of my tyre and tubes getting pierced at all so was getting rather pissed off about as i was determined to finish.

I've no experience of anything like this so i've nothing to compare it to but it seemed well organised. The route seemed really well signed and if they do it again next year, i'd give it another go.
    You shall not pass! (Unless I'm knackered then I don't really care tbh)

Specialized Hardrock Sport 06
    Specialized Sirrus Sport 11
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Didnt do it - partly because i had another event on and partly because im too tight to pay to ride roads im out on pretty regularly! - but good to hear it was a success all the same.

What was the turnout like?
  • hilltop
    hilltop Posts: 41
    hi,fatbabyjake and omar little,first omar i think you have a good point about cycling these events for free but most of the entry fee will go towards feed stops and the like,but i see your point,in that you could just pop into a cafe or what ever and cycle the same route for free.
    fatbabyjake,cycling 100k for the first time (i believe it was closer to 70 miles) without having done much distance,and on a hilly coarse was excellent!
    pity about the flats, but glad you enjoyed it.
    forgot to mention omar,there were 250 entrants,but i'm not sure how many turned up.
    spoke to the organizer at the end and she said it will run again next year.
    thanks for getting back to me guy's