five plus bike storage?

SimonAH
SimonAH Posts: 3,730
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
Anyone come up with anything cunning? Three and four are not a problem, but once you hit five it gets problematic. How do you stop it becoming a tangle of bikes if floor space is at a premium?
FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Comments

• fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Garage - not for cars, but bikes. I have to keep chucking crap out of the garage for the bikes access - car's sit on the drive...sheesh !!!! 8)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Hang them on the wall, either side-on or by the front wheel?

EDIT: or from the ceiling? That's what a mate of mine does in his garage. God knows how many bikes there are.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,124
    Got some spare cash and a bit of room in the back garden?
    http://asgardsss.co.uk/detail.php?pro_code=Glad3
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Dunno, but if you solve it, please let me know. I'm up to 6 bikes of my own, plus two for my son and one each for my wife and daughter; so 10 in all. Good job one of them's a Brompton.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I have a 10x8 shed in the garden with a 5 bike stand in it and another shed nearer the back gate with the 2 commuters in it and one bike in the garage as well.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Bit of wood or a bar accross the roof and hang from saddle?
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5