Re-assembling Hope Pro2 Hub

ftwizard
ftwizard Posts: 253
edited August 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Does anyone know if the way the drive side seal fits has changed since the video on the Hope website was made.
According to the video, the freehub should snap into the hub body, with the drive side seal holding it in place. Well, the one I'm holding in my hand, doesn't have a recess for the seal to "snap" into. Have they changed the way it works recently?
These are not the EVO hubs by the way.

Cheers.

Comments

• HandjobDan
    HandjobDan Posts: 704
    It's the freehub body that snaps into place not the driveside spacer. Have you definitely got the washer between the freehub and the hub body? Is the freehub working correctly?

The end spacers just push in, just watched the video no snapping noise apart from where mentioned above.
  • ftwizard
    No, the drive side SEAL, not the spacer. The seal fits into a groove in the freehub body and it's this that's supposed to snap into the hub. Your supposed to use a special tool, according to the video.
    At the beginning of the video, he pulls the freehub off the hub with a loud pop, this is the seal pulling out from the hub body. There's no way the one on mine could do that, there is no recces in the hub for the seal to locate in.

By the way, the seal is number 10 on the exploded diagram.
  • 1340jas
    1340jas Posts: 217
    If you put the seal onto the hub body so that it is seated on the grove, you can then push the hub onto the axle. I find that I then push the seal into its correct position with my fingers. You should feel it sitting in correctly, but I have never really noticed a pop when putting it back together.

It does kind of pop off when taking it appart.

Good luck..
  • ftwizard
    Would you mind watching the video
    The parts I'm referring to are at 0:50 and 5:20
    I'd be interested to know if this is how yours are. Mine certainly aren't.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    I experienced the same and even rebuilt my hub twice thinking I did it wrong. If you get lots of grease on the o ring seals it does come off more easily, as while mine didn't pop on and off after, it has done now the grease has worn in.