Mountain biker vs Mountain - VooDoo challenge part 6

joepineapples
joepineapples Posts: 39
edited August 2011 in MTB general
In Mountain biker vs Mountain - VooDoo challenge part 6 video. How did he strap it to his back?

http://www.bikeradar.com/video/mountain-biker-vs-mountain-voodoo-challenge-part-6-1020550224001

Cheers

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    More importantly - why bother with that climb for a fireroad descent? If the run back had been miles of ribbon like singletrack like the short burst at the start it'd be worth it but for that gravel road? Screw that.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Well I live on the edge of the lake district and want to run up the fells and bike back down so being able to put my bike on my back for the ascents will make it a lot quicker.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'm guessing he uses some straps of some sort, like the ones on a bike rack, but either around his shoulders and chest, or around a rucksack.
    More importantly - why bother with that climb for a fireroad descent?
    Why the hell not?
    Looks like a hell of a lot more fun than walking, and a nice drifty descent is still good fun.
  • dubmodder
    dubmodder Posts: 100
    More importantly - why bother with that climb for a fireroad descent?

Exactly what I was thinking.
  • Hadn't seen that video, pure awesome. I'd attempt that climb just to have a shot at that "fireroad", just to be able to say I did.
  • paul.skibum
    I'd consider the climb for a ribbon of glorious singletrack - I'd ride up the fireroad for the same sort of singletrack but I wouldnt do that climb purely to reach that fireroad. I agree a drifty fireroad can be fun (such as the one from the top of Mosettes into the Lindaret bowl in the PdS) but taking a chair lift or an easy road climb to it makes sense not tooling up a via ferrata route.

The climbs probably good fun and challenging - not sure a bike on your back makes it better!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Right, the climb does look good fun. So what are you proposing, you'd rather walk back down?
    (in lieu of any BASEjumping equipment)
  • paul.skibum
    I wouldnt be that keen on the climb with my bike on my back - I'm not that good with heights to make the experience more difficult! But if I was going to there would have to be a lush cherry on top. That's just me, if you want it, go for it.
  • Soul Boy
    Soul Boy Posts: 359
    looking at that brought this to mind...

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/159096/

:shock:
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Soul Boy wrote:
    looking at that brought this to mind...

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/159096/

:shock:

That's more like it and also an ascent like that justifies a carbon bike, if I had to lug my AM bike up there, I'd be half dead before I even got halfway up..