For those that have broke their collar bones?

Just out of interest?

I broke mine must be 4 years ago now and ended up having to have it plated and also key hole surgery on shoulder.

For those that have broken theirs, do you ever find every now and again that you wake up in morning and find your shoulder stiff, hurts, aches where break was???... is this normal or is it just me?

thanks in advance for any responses

Comments

• broke neck, both shoulders and hand (three separate cycling accidents) -- but yes, often quite stiff and painful in the morning (hand is in pain as i type this) ... shoulders have gotten left stiff with time (4+ years); neck and hand still having significant issues. my understanding is a combo of stretching and PT help ...
  • xcMuttley
    xcMuttley Posts: 434
    mine is still healing so is painful anyway but my neighbour who has broken his before says it aches a lot on cold morning but isnt as bad through the summer
    Check out my blog for my views and reviews: http://memylifeandmybike.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Broke mine 40 years ago, and yes some days it still aches.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • S-M
    S-M Posts: 174
    Broke the same one twice :roll: first as a child and then as a teenager and have never suffered any further pain since.
    1999 Specialized FSR Elite MAX Backbone.
    1998 Specialized FSR Ground Control - stripped for parts.
    2011 Boardman Pro HT - SOLD! (low quality, expensive garbage)
  • Broke my left collarbone 35 years ago. It doesn't ache, the only time I notice it is when lying on my left side and then the shoulder sort of 'folds over' more than the right one and makes the odd click. Don't feel it otherwise.
  • All the bones I have broken ache in the morning, especially if I have slept really funny, and I also notice changes in the pressure of the air a bit. Can sometimes feel a bit odd if we are getting a storm quite randomly, but normally it is ok.
  • benjii19
    benjii19 Posts: 67
    Broke my left one 11 or 12 years ago (slightly misaligned) it still hurts occasionally and puts me in a bad mood,

Snapped my scapula 2 years ago but that doesn't cause me any problems.