Facebook and Phone Numbers

2»

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    dhope wrote:
    EXACTLY! There is no information to make an informed choice and FB is relying on people making an uninformed choice believing they need to "sync" to ge the phone to do what it's supposed to en then hey presto, FB has a load of marketable information for nada....
    Hmm, if it gives you a choice then it's not critical.

Yes you might assume that but you just don't necessarily know...

Then do what you normally would and pick the safe option, i.e. click no.
    Sorry, this seems common sense to me if I don't know what I'm agreeing to
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    dhope wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    EXACTLY! There is no information to make an informed choice and FB is relying on people making an uninformed choice believing they need to "sync" to ge the phone to do what it's supposed to en then hey presto, FB has a load of marketable information for nada....
    Hmm, if it gives you a choice then it's not critical.

Yes you might assume that but you just don't necessarily know...

Then do what you normally would and pick the safe option, i.e. click no.
    Sorry, this seems common sense to me if I don't know what I'm agreeing to

Hmmm, may be common sense to you but to someone who doesn't really understand how these things work and thinks the question requires a "yes" to make FB work then it's notr that obvious...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    M-A-S wrote:
    If you have synced your Android or iPhone with facebook it stores your contacts numbers. If you want to delete this info turn contact syncing on your device off then go to the link below and delete!

Easy!

https://www.facebook.com/contact_importer/remove_uploads.php?r=%2Fphonebook[url][/url]

Problem is, you can obviously unsync your phone and make sure that no info on your phone gets to FB but how do you ensure that everyone who has your number and contact details does not sync their phone to FB. Basically by hook or by crook, FB is gonna end up with your details somehow...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.