Mavic crossride disc mount tool

mxc070
mxc070 Posts: 77
edited August 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi

Got home last night to find the girldifrend compaining that the rear brake on her MTB was not working. Anway the brake is fine it is just the locknut has come undone, the tabs that the disc are held in place by are fine, so I just need to tighen the lock nut up agian and everthing should be good.

The question what tool? Is this a special tool? Or is a BB extractor tool?

Any advice greatfully recivied.

Mark

Comments

• mculkin
    mculkin Posts: 7
    its just a bb tool my friend, i had the same problem the rotor was loose, just needs nipping back up hope this helps
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    It's either a HTII tool or a shimano cassette tool - can depend if you're using adaptors can't quite make out if you are?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Dont think Mavic actually make a disc lock ring.

but if it looks like an external BB cup pattern it will be. if it looks like a cassette tool internal patten it will be. and if it looks like an internal BB tool it will be.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    They make a lock ring for CL - 6B adaptor - the External HTII on mine.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    yeh but that is the 6 bolt adapter and lock ring) but CL rotors come with there own Lock rings.
    So like I said there are 3 possibles.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mxc070
    mxc070 Posts: 77
    thanks guys i am sure it is a HTII lockring tool.