Compatability 26" Crest Rim, no Tubes Std Kit, 2Bliss T

Manny514
Manny514 Posts: 38
edited August 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Greetings I suspect I have already figured the answer to this after much cursing and skinning of knuckles! I think I need the Cyclo Cross No Tubes kit which is narrower than the Standard Kit. At the moment the rim strip went on fine and sits down inside the rim however when to tyre is fitted it sits down in the central "well" and refuse to come out. I have applied plenty of soapy water and plenty of pressure but it wont budge, it does hold pressure but the tyre is not seated properly.

Any suggestions

Cheers

Manny
456 Carbon
Ellsworth Ephiphany

Comments

• Cyclo-cross No Tubes kit will be 700c so will be loose on a 26 inch wheel.

If you are using Crest Rims you don't need rim strips
    Rim strips to go with some of the NoTubes rims.
    Some NoTubes rims benefit from having a rimstrip fitted if you're using standard tyres tubeless. The rimstrip helps to create a better seal between the tyre and rim, making it easier to inflate the tyre and preventing "burping" where the tyre puffs a little air out under hard cornering.

Olympic, 355, Arch rims: use the Olympic rimstrip (26" and 29er rims).
    Flow rims: use the Flow rimstrip (26" and 29er rims).

If you're using UST tyres there is no need for a rimstrip - use the Olympic valve and yellow tape instead.
    The Alpine, Crest and Podium MMX don't need a rimstrip even with normal tyres due to their new bead socket design.

http://www.justridingalong.com//shop.php?product=56

I use standard Schwalbe tyres on a Alpine rim with no rimstrip.

JRA also do a useful tyre compatability page
    http://www.justridingalong.com/content.php?pid=529
  • davewalsh
    davewalsh Posts: 587
    Get rid of the rimstrip, tape up the spoke holes with stans yellow tape and use olympic valves.
    Follow the instruction videos on the stans website and you can't go wrong.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    I just used the wide yellow tape and a stans valve on my crest rims. Works brilliantly...