Giordana Body Clone Jersey Sizing

Skerryman
Skerryman Posts: 323
edited August 2011 in Road buying advice
Just wondering if anyone has any idea how the Giordana Body Clone Jersey comes up size-wise. I generally wear a medium in Gore or Specialized jerseys but think I recall reading somewhere that the Giordana stuff comes up small. Also any opinions on the jersey are welcome. Been looking for sizing advice on reviews etc but haven't found much. Looks nice anyway. Link below.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=46771

Comments

• Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Large equates to a medium.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,636
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Large equates to a medium.
    Reminds me of an anecdote about buying a cup of coffee:

"Please can I have a small coffee?"

"Sorry, we only do medium or large."

"Well, how large is the medium?"

"Quite small, actually."
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    I'd have a look on Ribble, right now...
  • Skerryman
    Cheers that's why I was posting, looks like a nice jersey at that price. Anyone got any opinions on it?
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    andy_wrx wrote:
    I'd have a look on Ribble, right now...
    Skerryman wrote:
    Cheers that's why I was posting, looks like a nice jersey at that price. Anyone got any opinions on it?

And putting link to CRC, rather than Ribble, so that other people didn't buy them all up while you were thinking about it :lol:
  • Skerryman
    It was the erm only link that would work, and it had a nicer picture and stuff :D
  • I'm 5.7 and half ( :wink: ) with a 39" chest and I wear L in Giordana. Fits like a glove. I just bought one of the jerseys too :-)

Giordana are seriosuly underated. The black Body Clone Windproof they have on sale is a superb jacket. My fave bit of kit in my collection and def on a par with Assos (which I also have in the wardrobe). With a cold weather base and a thin l/s jersey you can wear it right through winter. It looks cool as fuxk too.

However DON'T get the Windtex jacket in L - it's not an athletic cut like the BC and Forma Red stuff, it's the size of a house!!!
  • Skerryman
    I'm 5.7 and half ( :wink: ) with a 39" chest and I wear L in Giordana. Fits like a glove. I just bought one of the jerseys too :-)

Giordana are seriosuly underated. The black Body Clone Windproof they have on sale is a superb jacket. My fave bit of kit in my collection and def on a par with Assos (which I also have in the wardrobe). With a cold weather base and a thin l/s jersey you can wear it right through winter. It looks cool as fuxk too.

However DON'T get the Windtex jacket in L - it's not an athletic cut like the BC and Forma Red stuff, it's the size of a house!!!

Thanks for the advice. I've about a 37" chest, 5'11" and slender enough build. Hoping the Large will do, generally order a medium in jerseys
  • Good review of the BC Forma stuff - the black jacket Ribble have is the second one they review albeit in red and the 2009 model

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1DUrVpA ... 92D1CCA862

Honestly, it's the bomb.
  • Ribble deliver in record time! Ordered jersey yesterday afternoon, it was sitting on my office desk when I arrived at half nine this morning :-)

As expected it's another great piece of clothing from Giordana.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    I love my Giordana jacket. Got it 1/2 price from CRC at £50, I've never worn anything so warm, it's been utterly brilliant for the last two winters!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Skerryman
    Ribble deliver in record time! Ordered jersey yesterday afternoon, it was sitting on my office desk when I arrived at half nine this morning :-)

As expected it's another great piece of clothing from Giordana.

Promising. Ordered mine yesterday afternoon, haven't got dispatch email yet. If its here by the end of next week I'll be happy.
  • gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    I'm not coming on here anymore it's too expensive just bought one as well, will be great for blasts on the cx bike over the winter.
  • Skerryman
    Mine arrived this morning. Lovely jersey, super quick delivery from Ribble which was surprising, pretty sure I was waiting a good while for the last item I got off them. Ordered late Thursday and arrived in Ireland this morning, hopefully they'll keep it up and I will most definitely be returning. Glad I went for the large, the medium would be far too tight
  • Good news. Yeah, the Body Clone line is on a par with Castelli's Aero stuff. It won't hide tummy bulges :wink:
  • Skerryman
    Good news. Yeah, the Body Clone line is on a par with Castelli's Aero stuff. It won't hide tummy bulges :wink:

The front is a tad high when standing alright but fine when it bike cycling mode. Luckily I'm of a slender disposition :)