Days when it's just best to give in....

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
This morning started badly with a mild headache - could only find two left socks (stupid "handed" X-Socks) - found the RH socks wet in the washing machine. Raining so pulled on my neoprene overshoes only to later find my shoes weren't done up properly. Got to the bike to find it had a flat tyre. Swapped wheels for RS10s off my other bike. Headed out. Pedal started to generate an ominous "click" suggesting a bearing issue. Then had to stop at 4 successive passing spots to let cars by (one is rare). Then realised I'd left my wallet at home...

Turned around, showered and took the car. I think someone was trying to tell me something.
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,633
    Good effort getting as far as you did!
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Don't tell me, you found the car clamped and the neighbour in bed with the wife? :shock:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Don't tell me, you found the car clamped and the neighbour in bed with the wife? :shock:

That's nothing, I found the wife clamped in bed with the neighbour, so I trashed his car....
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    You found the car in your bed, your wife in the garage and your neighbor in your wife..... :wink:
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Wife in the car with the neighbour, who's a wheel clamper?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Wife's got the clap, car was in the garage but got looted, washing machines have however eaten your workplace so you're also out of a job.

and it's still raining
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]