Hillingdon Vets wednesday 10/08/2011

keydon
keydon Posts: 144
edited August 2011 in Amateur race
Tonights vets race for the over 40's has been cancelled due to ongoing police worries

concerning their ability to protect and serve. Bill confirmed the cancellation at 9:50 a.m. this

morning, there will be an extra race on 24th August(got me months mixed up). So keep an

eye out and it is probably best to try and confirm races are on before going, up to 20 people

turned up at Hillingdon for Tuesday nights race, which was also cancelled on police advice.

Comments

• keydon
    D.P. Attempt to amend headline to include CANCELLED!!
  • keydon
    I've just been told by Bill that 24th is already in the book, so 31st August will be the extra and final race.
  • keydon
    BC West Thames are racing at Hillingdon on the 16th, 20th and 23rd August, 23rd is an extra Tuesday race to make up for the cancellation on the 9nth. All races ten pounds, no registration necessary, every one is welcome.

Straight from the horses mouth on Velo Riders.

Keep an eye out for the time, I believe 7pm on Tuesday, may be earlier on 23rd due to light?
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Last night at MK bowlI was warming up on outside little loop and about 50 thugs between 12 and 16 yearosl old were rushing towards me, I thpught thety were coming to look at mt bike but they were chasing the police vans that had come into the bowl, just behind me :D
    50 youngsters, 20 police, they stayed in their vans being pelted, driving 10 metres at a time? why?
    Anyway we were locked into inner circuits for saftey :D or miore likely to keep us in :D
    Two weeks ago I left a crash helmet on a table after race at Hillingdon, is there anyone I can call to see if it is still there ?
  • keydon
    Last night at MK bowlI was warming up on outside little loop and about 50 thugs between 12 and 16 yearosl old were rushing towards me, I thpught thety were coming to look at mt bike but they were chasing the police vans that had come into the bowl, just behind me :D
    50 youngsters, 20 police, they stayed in their vans being pelted, driving 10 metres at a time? why?
    Anyway we were locked into inner circuits for saftey :D or miore likely to keep us in :D
    Two weeks ago I left a crash helmet on a table after race at Hillingdon, is there anyone I can call to see if it is still there ?

Yeah, Mark Doel is the BC rep there or Stuart Benstead, he can be found on VeloRiders. I have no numbers presently, but tell me the brand and any other identifying marks and I'll see if it is there on Tuesday, pm preferably, other wise we might have queue of claimants.

Nasty business with the kids, we've had a few incidents at Hillingdon, when it becomes apparent that they are trying to hurt us we steam in taking no prisoners, the leg it very fast indeed and our cleats slow us down, so they get away, but only just.
  • oldwelshman
    It is a black helmet, MET. I am sure I left it on a table, probably the tabkle Pauk Doell was sat by :D
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Unrelated to your helmet, but Jnr found a Cateye Double wireless computer at Hillingdon, away from the track. It was before the racing, but after the Slipstreamers session.

We handed it in at the clubhouse.
  • Two weeks ago I left a crash helmet on a table after race at Hillingdon, is there anyone I can call to see if it is still there ?

Is it black? One of my clubmates was in a crash and went home with two very similar hats, one in the ambulance and one in my car. PM me.
  • keydon
    A member of the Quest team lost a very expensive helmet a few weeks ago, I've forgotten where but will find out, I believe it was black, I will detect!!
  • oldwelshman
    Mine was a black met helmet, also expensive :D
    I sent you PM Ralp, see you tonight