Gertrude.. the Old school Tank (06 Enduro)

Beardface
Beardface Posts: 5,495
edited August 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Well, I've not posted for a while, and thanks to Fatlad (from on here), got hold of a frame I've always wanted.. 06 Speccy Enduro. Had this built up for ages now, but just not got round to posting it up (bad pic, but you've all seen an Enduro before!):

Enduro.jpg

It really is like a tank, and takes everything the Surrey Hills have to throw at it.. :)

Sadly, it will probably be going soon.. she's getting on a bit now, and I fancy taking advantage of the C2W scheme.. so, a Boardman susser is probably on the way.. but it shall be pimped :)

Basic Spec (Everything apart from the frame is 09 onwards):
06 Enduro
DHX 3 Air (mojo tuned so no 'stick-down' issues)
Fox Float RL's 140mm
Mostly XT drivetrain
Sram redwin cassette
Pro 2's on Mavic x317 rims
Schwalbe Fat Alberts
Juicy carbon brakes
Weight - sub 30 lbs.. luggage scales show about 28, which does me fine

At the top of Holmbury St Mary yesterday evening in my Mint jersey :)

Holmbury.jpg

I was fuelled by this power lunch a few hours before:

Doom.jpg
:lol:

Anyway, hope you like!

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Along with a blur 4x, when I first started riding I always wanted an enduro, such a great frame and frankly I think they ruined it after the 06 model, and I know have a hatred for most things specialized but still, the old enduros are great bikes 8)
  • Beardface
    Agree with you totally mate.. the 06 Enduro (more so the S works and the SX Trail than this one) were the last of the greats IMHO..

A SC Bullit is still on my wish list, as is your bike.... Mojo HD :twisted:

Still, got engaged a month ago, so now have a wedding to pay for (hence the decision to get a boadman on c2w soon and use the funds from sales of this to go towards it) :(
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    i could also never understand why they never bought the newer generation short travel sx's into the uk either, its a bloomin versatile frame, bearclaw uses one for slopestyle and hill and fairclough rock them for slalom, i think one of those in monster colours would be a sweet ragging bike 8)

you dont want a mojo, seriously they're crap :wink: well the coulours are imo, but im very picky about that point :lol:
  • HandjobDan
    HandjobDan Posts: 704
    Love these frames too, I always have a little look around when I think about changing my bike to see if I can get a decent one.

Pretty different animals though this and a Boardman. I like the new FS but it's not as point and shoot as this.
  • Beardface
    lawman wrote:
    you dont want a mojo, seriously they're crap :wink: well the coulours are imo, but im very picky about that point :lol:

Nude carbon. Yum. That would do me!
  • Beardface
    HandjobDan wrote:
    Love these frames too, I always have a little look around when I think about changing my bike to see if I can get a decent one.

Pretty different animals though this and a Boardman. I like the new FS but it's not as point and shoot as this.

That'sone of the issues, I went from a Carbon 456 to this, and feel I have lost a little technique as the Enduro just soaks it all up! :lol:

So I'm now thinking I need to refine my riding a bit more.. getting old now! Plus I can't find a better offer on c2w than the Boardman for a grand.. open to suggestions! (The other option is to get a frame only with the voucher) :wink:
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    Stav wrote:
    Doom.jpg
    :lol:

Anyway, hope you like!

Doom Bar, mmmmmmm my fave (though not as good as it used to be after going national)
    I'm not old I'm Retro