Memory Map

riddle
riddle Posts: 41
edited August 2011 in MTB general
I have the 2800 for biking mostly and a few things are tugging at my short 'n' curlies. Can anyone offer advice please.

1, When I switch my device on it always shows me a map of the Lake District, I then have finger (!) my way across country to my position. I am quite sure there is a simpler way to find my location?

2, Can the display be changed to 'heads up' rather than 'north up'? If so how?

3, When planning routes using the software what do you prefer to use 'track' or 'way points'?

Many thanks in advance.
Blue Skies Always
Roger H-Smith
07807 031797

Comments

• AlanK
    AlanK Posts: 274
    Cant help on the 2800 but for Garmin Oregons its in the settings for Route Up or North up on the display. Touching the north arrow normally changes between the two as well but only temp.

Route Planning should be waypoints. Tracks are just huge collections of waypoints but you can convert between the two using Memorymaps software. I find it is better to have fewer points to give me the general direction then before a turn actually cut the route so the arrow starts turning as you approach rather than when you are on top of it or past it (assuming your not peering at the map display the whole time)

As for the map it shows, I would assume it shows the last place or a home location unless it has GPS reception, again check settings as surely Garmin cant be that different to MemoryMaps version
  • AlanK
    AlanK Posts: 274
    ps - why the hell have you got your mobile number on a forum post?