Giant Defy 2, 2010

arian37
arian37 Posts: 77
edited August 2011 in Your road bikes
Hi,

Thought I'd put some pics of my Defy up. I know it's not quite up to the standards of other bikes here but it's very comfortable over three+ hours and pretty light.

photostream

photostream

photostream

Standard spec apart from:

Shimano RS20 Wheels
Michelin Lithion 2 tyres (blue)
Charge Spoon Saddle
Aztec Brake Blocks
Shimano A520 spd road pedals
Deda 100mm stem
Cateye Strada wireless computer
Fizik saddle bag
Elite White and blue bottle cages

Comments

• arian37
    Someone please tell me how to get the images in!!!!
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    on flickr...

click actions -> view all sizes and choose a forum friendly size...

I selected medium 500x500

then right click and 'copy image url'

and put the url in image tags ->

like so:
    [img]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6210/6026977052_9b2bed6e3d.jpg[/img]

6026977052_9b2bed6e3d.jpg

I can understand the issues you are having... flickr doesn't make it too easy to do it.
  • c0ugars
    c0ugars Posts: 202
    i really like the colours of the frame!!!!!!
  • VERY nice!

if that was a TT bike instead with those colours and a disk wheel it would look STUNNING imo
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • arian37
    Thank you very much for telling me how to get the pics in - the knowledge has evaded me for the last two years!

Frame is up to Giant's usual quality and actually quite a nice blue / black / white combo. Looks better now with the white stem, tape and saddle. Also, now I've got Aztec blocks in the brakes it actually stops :)
  • Keith1983
    Keith1983 Posts: 575
    Nice bike, not sure the funny cow print rug thing does it justice though! lol.
  • arian37
    Cow print! It's a hide from a Nguni, the cattle of the Zulu people. I should have got an SDG Bel Air in cow print to match, really :wink:

Oh, should mention that it's much better with the Shimano RS20's and Michellin tyres - very good upgrade.
  • arian37
    Another few pics:

6026975452_8239d1334f.jpg

6026972458_0c22d7c15a.jpg

6026974586_c5e15ed703.jpg

I think the hide, floor, sofa and wall colour combos really set off the bike. Don't know what all the fuss about taking shots by white garage doors is all about? It's just a shame I moved the lime green and burgundy cushions off the sofa (honest, my wife tells me it's fashionable).
  • oosh, spotty cateye...Better climb well to justify that! ;)
  • arian37
    The cateye is ironic and demonstrates a nice juxtaposition between what it stands for and my heavey bone-ed-ness. Honestly, it was the last one in the shop, I had no choice.
  • JRooke
    JRooke Posts: 243
    someone's taken a massive dump on your rug, pebble dashed