safe passage Peckham or Brixton

kieranb
kieranb Posts: 1,674
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
HI, just wondering if anyone has real time info on state of affairs in either Peckham or Brixoton - my 2 usual commuting routes? I will probably go via Brixton if no news.

Comments

• JamesFree
    JamesFree Posts: 703
    Just came from Blackheath via Lewisham, New Cross, Peckham, Camberwell and Brixton and saw no trouble at all, just lovely car free streets! This was 10-20 mins ago!
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    The only safe way would be to travel by helicopter. The rioters/looters don't have SAMs or rocket launchers.

Yet.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    The only safe way would be to travel by helicopter. The rioters/looters don't have SAMs or rocket launchers.

Yet.

What exactly is in that gun shop at the end of your road?
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    JamesFree wrote:
    Just came from Blackheath via Lewisham, New Cross, Peckham, Camberwell and Brixton and saw no trouble at all, just lovely car free streets! This was 10-20 mins ago!

Great, thanks, any road closures/diversions?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Sketchley wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

Yet.

What exactly is in that gun shop at the end of your road?

Now? Nothing...... :shock:

That's a lie, I'm sure it's fine.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • JamesFree
    kieranb wrote:
    JamesFree wrote:

Nope managed to get straight through no problem, asked some policemen if there were any issues on my route when i got to Lewisham but they said it was all clear then so had a nice sprint through
  • JamesFree
    kieranb wrote:
    JamesFree wrote:

Nope managed to get straight through no problem, asked some policemen if there were any issues on my route when i got to Lewisham but they said it was all clear then so had a nice sprint through
  • I just came from Victoria through Stockwell and Brixton to Forest Hill. Was a lovely commute. Very few cars, nice weather and very few idiot pedestrians too. Was very odd going up alongside Brixton Market though; it was scarily quiet for the time of day.