Thread to tell everyone what bike gear you've just looted !

Initialised
Initialised Posts: 3,047
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
Like the title says, what gear have you picked up in the chaos across London/Brum this week?

Bike shops are great for armour btw!
I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    trax_size_10.jpg
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • I recently nicked a pastry brush from Habitat. Middle-class crime of the centuary?
  • I got a pasty from greggs. But I used my head I only stole off the 2 for 1 shelf.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    My LBS owner came back to look after his shop.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Its all Wiggle's fault!
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    You think it's hyperbole, but now allegedly Evans in Chalk Farm has been looted !
    Misguided Idealist
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    You think it's hyperbole, but now allegedly Evans in Chalk Farm has been looted !

Was mentoned on SkyNews.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Shoot the f*ckers.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Halfords in Charlton looted.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    There's a brand new Pinarello and Assos store a few doors down from Evans in Bham, I wonder if they'd honour warranties on looted stuff?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    bails87 wrote:
    There's a brand new Pinarello and Assos store a few doors down from Evans in Bham, I wonder if they'd honour warranties on looted stuff?

I thought that last night when I heard they'd done Louis Vuitton over. I've got a balaclava with me today just in case :wink:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    prawny wrote:
    bails87 wrote:

I thought that last night when I heard they'd done Louis Vuitton over. I've got a balaclava with me today just in case :wink:

Watch out for the "looter's tan" pale except around the eyes!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    GB Cycles in Croydon been done apparently. Hope they get back on their feet, might have to take bikes in for a service when they do.
  • I am hoping it was preventative but on my way to work this morning I noticed De Ver Cycles was completely empty of bikes. No obvious signs of break in though, so fingers crossed.
    -- edd
  • Torvid
    Torvid Posts: 449
    bails87 wrote:

was going to head past there before i got home to see what had happened, had my eye on the SS they had in the window
    Commuter: Forme Vision Red/Black FCN 4
    Weekender: White/Black - Cube Agree GTC pro FCN 3
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Torvid wrote:
    bails87 wrote:

was going to head past there before i got home to see what had happened, had my eye on the SS they had in the window

They'd taken everything out of the window tonight, Evans was boarded up too, lookef like they'd smashed a window last night.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • gadgets
    gadgets Posts: 100
    the Evans store in Brum has boarded up, good thing they did as I overhead a group of kids headed that way talking about about a bike that was a couple of grand :(

6026612095_8b07f188e7_z.jpg
    IMG_1194 by gadgets.loco, on Flickr
    Synapse Disc 3 Ultegra '14/CAADX 5 105 '11
  • Zziplex
    Zziplex Posts: 190
    I got a pasty from greggs. But I used my head I only stole off the 2 for 1 shelf.

It's a Ginster's paradise out there, the feral urban rats/chav scum should all be shot.
    Guinness for strength
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    There's a Pinarello Prince of Spain on display in my LBS....................